Help me build my Pc

Actually Aiyen that's not true, I've seen pictures of the Corsair H series coolers leaking before but that's any all-in-one cooler manufacturing defects and everything, but it's really rare.

What kind of system Aiyen?

So should I go water cooled or fans? I think what I took from the video is that a good fan can cool just as well and has less moving parts and equals less potential issues, which is with anything in life, Lets just say you have a 100 degree room. Would the water cooling at some point equal the efficiency of the fans because after awhile the water would start getting pretty war? Or how about if you had a room you kept 70 degrees would you be able to keep temps under control with a fan but I guess a water cooler would keep the computer cooler yet

No, a good fan cooler might come close to an all-in-one but it's no substitute, plus it radiates the heat out into the air making the room warmer and stuffier (from my own experiences with five different air coolers). I was using a great air cooler on my old CPU and it still got so warm in the room that I started to sweat (with two AC ducts), granted I'm in Florida and there isn't much shade on this room anymore. I loved my H60 more than that air cooler though the H105 would be much better. Of course, I'm currently running an actual watercooling loop now so temps aren't a problem, the air temperature hasn't changed since I turned the machine on (well it probably has but minutely so).

I'd go with the H105, it'll put less stress on your motherboard, since your motherboard won't have to support that much more weight (most of the really good air coolers weight 2-3.5 pounds)

Is there anyway to post my current list to the beginning of this thread so that it doesn't get lost in this discussion. I actually wasn't expecting to make it to a two page post. I figure the more of you guys that read it the more input I might get. I still have a few more questions but it is about bedtime. I have a few more doubts about my build that I will have to get answered through reviews and the great input I get from the STEP members. This will be my first build and is an expensive project so I am in no rush to run out and buy my parts and don't mind waiting a week or two to order. What I should probably do it take my two posts and combine them for the bigger picture. Have a good night everyone. 

Phazer11: Hehe well I have also seen images of motherboards that got damaged due to the 3kg cooling blocks not being mounted properly... But yeah it can happen.. just highly unlikely. 

Overall Air vs water come down to.... water many times more effective at moving heat around. Which allow a more silent system since the pump and radiator setups can be equally smaller. Modern air coolers can do a really great job and use some fancy setups to maximize the efficiency. But in general it means going for massive blocks of metal that will take up the entire space in the cabinet preventing more or less all air flow.... also it is rather annoying to clean imo.. but then again I really dislike the good ol dusting out from time to time! (Currently I am using intel stock coolers etc in my system due to a lack of money!)

The main obstacle is that the price tag is overall much higher then air coolers. But if that is not an issue then one might as well go for it. In the case of leaking then it is almost always very little and only in the interface between CPU/GPU and then very small drops.. that normally evaporate rather quickly. However if they do then most quality components have good many year warrenties that cover that.. at least the GPU´s with pre mounted water cooling interfaces. 

As for what I was looking for.. then I would have to dig it up later, as I recall then it was from a german company which specialize in making custom water cooling setups. 

Water cooling adds more parts that can fail. Sure, most of the time they won't but it's still something to consider. The pump makes noise (depending on the system this can be annoying) and can fail as well, that's why I listed it in the drawbacks.

Heatflow isn't really an argument against air coolers imho because their air movement inside the case is actually beneficial (if installed in the right direction ofc). That can actually be beneficial. The H100i requires fans too to perform adequatly btw, I doubt its an improvement in noise levels.  The H100i performs a little better though, but the difference is small so the NH-D14 is a valid alternative.

I'm not saying go air, I'm just trying to point out that air is a viable alternative to water cooling solutions. And better CPU cooling performance doesn't necessarily mean better CPU performance. The 4670K probably clocks out at stock voltage long before you hit any temp limits on the NH-D14 (didn't test this though).

@Phaser: It doesn't really matter if you cool with air, water or with a compressor. The heat from your components has to go somewhere and that is probably your room.

Edited by Spock

So maybe I should star out with fans and add a cooler if necessary. I noticed in the video they had two fans on the radiator. Its probably a smaller version of a car. you have a radiator cooling the engine but you still need a fan. Heat rises so I'm guessing the best fan placement is 1 in the front pushing air into the case, 1 on the upper back and 2 on the top drawing out air if the case has that option.

I have tried the spoiler command a few times and haven't quite figured it out.

[spoiler]some text here[/spoiler]

The tags will result in this:

some text here

The spoiler tags will be parse until you post so when editing, you'll see everything from the tags to the text inside.

Heat rises so I'm guessing the best fan placement is 1 in the front pushing air into the case, 1 on the upper back and 2 on the top drawing out air if the case has that option.

I'd advise 2 intakes on the front with dust filter (most modern cases have that), 1 rear outtake and 1 top outtake should suffice. Never go against convection and try to go from front to rear. You should also try to avoid underpressure in the case as that promotes dust accumulation.