My Mod Organizer won't accept download from Nexus website.

Halde

Question

Hi all!

EDIT: ONCE AGAIN I JUST DIDN'T GIVE THIS ENOUGH TIME. IT SEEMS I JUST NEEDED TO SET MOD ORGANIZER AS "RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR" IN COMPATABILITY SETTINGS IN "PROPERTIES".

So after having problems with infinite loading screens, and generally long loading times(upto 5 minutes per loading screen), I decided to reinstall Skyrim, STEP and the few mods I installed outside of STEP. I read that LOD is often the cause of loading problems, but I didn't know which mods was the heavy "bearer" of these, so I decided this approach.

My problem is though, that now my Mod Organizer won't download from Nexus. I've set my automatic login on in Mod Organizer, and I've used the globe thingie in the top left corner of Mod Organizer to register Mod Organizer to Nexus. I've also, as a last resort, changed the version to 0.47.1 instead of 0.47.0, because there was a problem with this back when Nexus changed server or something(although I don't suspect this had anything to do with it, it was just to cover everything I knew about it).

I've tried searching the forum just before writing this, but couldn't find anything browsing for keywords(although I actually thought this was a common problem).

What do do?

~Sincerely

Halde

Edited by Halde

2 answers to this question

First, always make certain that the Nexus is working properly before testing. If the Nexus is down, MO won't be able to bypass that.

Second, we have a guide here that helps troubleshooting common download issues: https://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Mod_Organizer#Troubleshooting_2

Third, if you are using the beta, observe the log and see if it cannot give you a hint as to the problem.

Everything is working on my end.