LOOT (by WrinklyNinja & Team)

z929669

This is what the LOOT FAQs recommend:

LOOT's report is blank. How do I fix this?

LOOT uses Windows' internal web browser to display its report. This web browser is basically Internet Explorer, but it's present even if you have Internet Explorer disabled. If it's not displaying LOOT's report properly, this may be because it isn't up-to-date.

The report display has been tested using IE 11, which is available to all Windows 7 and 8.x users. Windows Vista users can only update as far as IE 10, and though the report should display with this version, it is untested.

To update the internal web browser, make sure Internet Explorer is enabled in the "Turn Windows features on/off" control panel, and install the latest updates available through Windows update. That should be enough to fix the report display, and you can disable Internet Explorer again if you so wish.

I can't tell you if this works for me when I'm home, maybe you can test it now and report you feedback, please.

Agree. I updated too and now the report works. But it took windows 20min to update a browser, I had to restart twice, I don't know what the application installed so I don't feel fine with it.

I disabled it in the windows features again and hope never to use it again.

But in any case: the support here is great!

Am at the part in the Step 2.2.9 guide where it's asking you to create this meta rule:

Weapons & Armor_TrueOrcish&DaedricWeapons.esp

Load After:

Weapons & Armor Fixes_Remade.esp

Only problem is that I'm not able to drag the ESPS over to the "Load After" window.  It looks like only the blue plugins can be moved and the two above are not blue.  Am I missing something?  I've looked over the LOOT readme, but can't figure this out.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm having a problem with LOOT: I use Step Core and Extended with a few mods left out in preparation for REGS and Requiem. I also use Immersive Weapons and -Armors. After I run LOOT it shows {object Object},{object Object} as bash tags for Immersive Armors. Wrye Bash just uses Delev by default.

For all other Mods LOOT shows right tags and Wrye Bash also already had the right tags by default.

Does anyone know what casuses this, how to fix it and/or which tags to use?

Edit: Corrected Relev to Delev above. When using both Relev and Delev, some NPCs run around in their underwear. Only using Delev seems to work perfectly fine with my setup though. But I still get the {object Object},{object Object} Tags for Hothtroopers Armor Compilation, don't think that's supposed to be like this. :/

Edited by deadbody

I thought I'd give this LOOT thing a try, but my Norton antivirus freaks out and removes the executable if I try and run it.  Anyone have any suggestions on how to deal with this? 

I run into this alot with SEP. It frequently reports WS.reputation.1 or something similar with new files. Simply put, Norton/Symantec just doesn't have much of a reputation database built on it yet so depending on how agressive you have your AV set, it may block/quarantine it.

I honestly like SEP vs. many other AV products. When combine with Malewarebytes and AdwareCleaner my system stays pretty clean.

Back on LOOT: I'm really really liking it. The only issue I've had while using it with SRLE (including Neo's pre-built SR Conflict Resolution file) is taking a few minutes to resort masters on mods flagged by Wrye Bash as having masters re-ordered. As long as I sort masters on those mods in TES5, a LOOT load order is working great for me. I have only a handful of user/metadata rules loaded -> primarily for the SRLE lighting mods (Realistic Lighting/ELFX).

I have some troubles with LOOT reordering my plugins when I try to install Requiem over STEPextended setup. I'm still a noob and even with help from the forums don't get it right from the beginning.

1. Have a working STEPextended setup and have tested it for several hour ingame. Duplicated it, removed irrelevant mods and reinstalled some old mods with Requiem options.

2. Before installing Requiem and all its patches & addons I run LOOT to create a valid pre-Requiem load order

3. With help from Smile44, the creator of the Requiem Pack here (whom I have to thank for support and patience in guiding me throug the setup) I worked out the correct priority order for Mod Organizer and installed Requiem after STEP extended patch in the left Mod Organizer pannel

Now I tried to follow the rule that Requiem should load after all mods and even overwrite the STEP patch to work correctly. For this I manually arranged the Requiem plugins in the right Mod Organizer panel to the same order as in the left panel.

4. Next step would be creating a Bashed Patch for this Requiem setup (followed the advice not to include stats, names and tweaks).

Here the problems started:

Wrye reported some missing masters and stoped creating the patch. Can't name them right now as I'm not at home but could add them here later.

I tried to recreate the Dual Sheaths Redux Patch but it stoped during creation too, due to missing masters.

This was the way I was recommended, now I got frustrated and changed to standard procedure just to see what happens. So back to 2. where I changed

2. I maintained the recommended load order from the Requiem pack in the priorities panel but now I run LOOT over it. Sadly I got over 600 dirty references from Requiem.esp. Ignored it for now.

Unsuprisingly the LOOT load order was not the one Smile44 recommended ::):

3. Created the Bashed Patch - it worked now, but some .esp are still marked orange in Wrye. Don't know what to do with them.

4. Recreated Dual Sheaths redux Patch - it worked.

5. Started a new game and Requiem kicked in as soon as I entered the Helgen keep in the intro. Could not spot inconsistencies because I can't tell how Requiem works.

This approach was not recommended by Smile44, he is pretty sure many Requiem features will be overwritten because LOOT sorts Requiem.esp as one of the first mods in my plugins panel.

If anyone is interested, here my load order.

Skyrim.esmUpdate.esmUnofficial Skyrim Patch.espDawnguard.esmUnofficial Dawnguard Patch.espHearthFires.esmUnofficial Hearthfire Patch.espDragonborn.esmUnofficial Dragonborn Patch.espSkyrim Project Optimization - Full Version.esmApachiiHair.esmClimatesOfTamriel.esmLanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Main.esmCutting Room Floor.esp83Willows_101BUGS_V4_LowRes.espRequiem.espORM-Arvak.espAuto Unequip Ammo.espRaceMenuPlugin.espDawnguardRuneWeaponsFXSReplacer.espWhen Vampires Attack.espBrows.espChesko_LoreBasedLoadingScreens.espBetterQuestObjectives-Hearthfire.espCoT-WeatherPatch.espMoss Rocks.espMoss Rocks_DB.espRainbows.espConvenient Horses.esp360WalkandRunPlus-RunBackwardSpeedAdjust.espClimatesOfTamriel-Dragonborn-Patch.espCoT-WeatherPatch_DB.espDragonShoutVoice.espCoT-WeatherPatch_Snow-10.espDual Wield Parrying_SKSE.espSupreme Storms - Cot Version.espCoT-WeatherPatch_SupStorms.espFootprints.espFootprints - Ash.espAppropriately Attired Jarls Redux.espBeards.espMintyLightningMod_COT_Patch.espBFSEffects.espNausicaa's Tweaker.espmintylightningmod.espRaceMenu.espSkyUI.espDual Sheath Redux.espGuard Dialogue Overhaul.espWeapons & Armor Fixes_Remade.espClothing & Clutter Fixes.espSDO Full-LOD - The Morthal Swamp Complete.espSkyrimCoinReplacerRedux.espDistant DetailHF.espSMDropLitTorch.espShootingStars.espSkyFalls + SkyMills + DG + DB.espCivil War Overhaul.espHothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.espRequiem - Immersive Armors.espWeapons & Armor_TrueOrcish&DaedricWeapons.espImmersive Weapons.espRequiem - Immersive Weapons.espBring Out Your Dead.espBetterQuestObjectives.espThieves Guild Requirements.espADS.espOblivion Gates v3 without Markers - Skyrim + Dawnguard DLC.espBirdsHFclean.espRequiem - Bring Out Your Dead.espSDO Full-LOD - Waterfall Effects.espPoint The Way.espHearthfireChimneys.espRealisticWaterTwo.espfFastTravelSpeedMult_4.espWetandCold.espAOS.espIHSS.espDeadlySpellImpacts.espRequiem - WAF+Clothing and Clutter Fixes Patch.espWeaponsArmorFixes_ImmersiveWeapons_Patch.espdD - Enhanced Blood Main.espImproved Combat Sounds v2.2.espdD-Dragonborn-Dawnguard-EBT Patch.espAOS2_CoT3_1_patch.espClimatesOfTamriel-Dawnguard-Patch.espWetandCold - Ashes.espaMidianBorn_ContentAddon.espRequiem - Resources.espRequiem - Hard Times.espRequiem - Hard Times - SCRR Patch.espRequiem - SCRR Patch.espSoul Gems Differ - Requiem.espExplosiveBoltsVisualized.espCloaks - Dawnguard.espTradeBarter.espAnimated Weapon Enchants.espBetterQuestObjectives-Dawnguard.espBetterQuestObjectives-RequiemPatch.espRequiem - Heavy Shield Fix v1.7.3.espRequiem - Potions Weight.espRadiant and Unique Potions Poisons and Booze.espSPTConsistentOlderPeople.espRequiem - Dragonborn.espAOS2_Requiem1.7.3 Patch.espRequiem - Immersive Armors Battlemage Gear.espComplete Crafting Overhaul_Remade.espEMCompViljaSkyrim.espEMViljaInSolstheimAddOn.espRequiem - Vilja.espRequiem - Dragonborn - CCOR Patch.espCloaks.espDead Body Collision.espRealisticWaterTwo - Legendary.espSFO - Dragonborn.espRun For Your Lives.espTheChoiceIsYours.espRequiem - HearthFires.espSkyrimImprovedPuddles-DG-HF-DB.espRequiem - Immersive Armors - Addon.espSDO Full-LOD - Whiterun Trundra Creeks.espChesko_Frostfall.espRequiem - Frostfall.espMorning Fogs.espSkyrim Flora Overhaul.espElemental Staves.espPilgrimsDelight.espThe Paarthurnax Dilemma.espBlockSparkles.espGildergreen Regrown.espFNISspells.espSDO Full-LOD - Giant Campfires.espTheChoiceIsYours_Dawnguard.espChesko_Step418_SN.espRequiem - Cloaks of Skyrim Hard - Times.espCivil War Overhaul - Requiem Patch.espImproved Closefaced Helmets_Legendary.espRequiem - Guard Dialogue Overhaul Patch.espSTEP Extended Patch.espiHUD.esprandomthunder.espDual Sheath Redux Patch.espBashed Patch, 0.esp

Now I'm trying to get it the way Smile44 recommended and would be glad if someone could give me more advice as how to handle Requiem with LOOT.

The next thing I'll try today is give the Requiem.esp a higher Meta Rule Priority number than STEP extended patch and then add the LOOT Meta Rule Load After: Requiem to all the Requiem related mods, In this way LOOT should create a load order that matches Smiles44 suggestion.

I wonder if Wrye will eat this composition.

UPDATE: solved.

Edited by BUBISHI

After cleaning the Dawnguard.esm LOOT v0.6(BOSS doesn't) indicates there are still 6 ITMs left. So, I cleaned it once again but the esm reverted back to its original state. I run the whole process through MO v1.2.9. Has this happened to anyone else?

After cleaning the Dawnguard.esm LOOT v0.6(BOSS doesn't) indicates there are still 6 ITMs left. So, I cleaned it once again but the esm reverted back to its original state. I run the whole process through MO v1.2.9. Has this happened to anyone else?

Yeah, the only thing I can figure is that it's because I haven't installed the latest update of 3.0.32 which was done in May I think. Or TES5 hasn't been updated to handle those 6 files yet. Or it's a false positive maybe? 

Another note, I really hate the idea of LOOT only working with crappy IE. But my question is, if I enable it, let it update, then disable it, should it be ok after that? Because you say that even though I have it disabled, it IS still present. So if I am understanding right, the actuall problem is the fact that my IE is not up to date, which I know it isn't because I hide all the IE updates when they pop up. Correct? Or will I have to keep it enabled?

Edited by CovertSlinky

I believe that's correct. I use Mozilla Firefox to access these forums, but I have IE around for programs that insist on it, like LOOT. I no longer get that message about those 6 ITMs, but I'm not sure exactly what fixed it (TES5Edit update, LOOT update, IE update, MO update ... so many updates).

LOOT is working great for me, even better now that I've got a handle on the drag & drop rules option (load my merged plugin of Alternate Start LAL options after Alternate Start LAL.esp, etc.).

Edited by redirishlord