Better Favor Jobs - Enhanced Radiant Quests (by fireundubh)

fireundubh

Better Favor Jobs v1.3 

Most Recent Changes 

Google Drive shared folder.   

Overview In the vanilla game, you can mine ore, chop wood, and harvest crops for various foremen throughout Skyrim. But you are always better off with selling ore, wood, and crops through the trade interface than actually performing these "favor jobs." While the trade interface takes your Speech skill into account—and therefore varies the prices you can offer to merchants and allows you to gain Speech experience with each trade—the favor dialogue rewards you with only fixed septim rewards. With respect to ore and wood, the favor dialogue even ignores whether ore and wood have been priced differently by any of the mods you've installed.

Better Favor Jobs improves favor jobs in a number of ways:

• Rewards now scale to your Speech skill.
    • Since v1.1, the reward formula matches the same formula used throughout Skyrim for all trades. As normal, any buffs or debuffs to your Speech skill by way of perks or magic effects will affect the rewards given.
  • In addition, the values of ore and wood are no longer static.
    • If you have a mod installed that changes the values of ore and wood, Better Favor Jobs will take those new values into account. For example, with Requiem Hard Times and Complete Crafting Overhaul Remade installed, ebony ore is worth 180 septims. Better Favor Jobs will use that value, instead of the default 60 septims, when calculating the reward total. Crops were never affected by the same issue, so their current values will continue to be used.
  • Train your Speech skill by performing favor jobs. 
    • Since v1.0, you'll gain 15 experience toward your Speech skill for each ore, wood, or crop that you trade. Although the vanilla game scales experience gain to the value of the item, Better Favor Jobs actually makes performing favor jobs more efficient than the trading interface because you can sell ore, wood, and crops in bulk and receive skill experience per unit.
  • Sell all types of ore and ingots to more buyers throughout Skyrim!
    • Since v1.3, you can now sell ore and ingots, including Steel Ingots and Dwemer Metal Ingots, to nearly every blacksmith or smelter boss throughout Skyrim. Optional plugins are included with the main file for Dawnguard, Dragonborn, Requiem, Requiem - Dragonborn, and Requiem - Hard Times. Enjoy your life as a laborer!

EDIT:

@fireundubh has once again released his mods for the public, but not through Nexus.

Edited by GrantSP

Oh man this looks neat! Especially since it works with Requiem.

I have one minor question. The training of the speech skill by doing jobs. How does this scale in requiem? I dont want to jump levels easily just by doing minor jobs. Speech in Requiem can be pretty powerful at later stages.

Requiem starts you out at 5-25 speech.

With this mod, you get a flat 15 XP per unit sold, which is the minimum recommended by Complete Crafting Overhaul Remade for training smithing via mining.

You need 528,804 XP to level speech from 0 to 100. Vanilla or Requiem.

So, you'd need somewhere around 35,253 ore, wood, and/or crops to level speech to 100.

Basically, it's impossible without cheating to master speech by doing favor jobs, but they'll give you a nice start at the lowest levels before the leveling curve kicks in.

• +1 1

Your No Combat Boundaries is already in my "always on"-list; and this looks like another interesting immersion mod. Lets see how it works in a morrowloot/scarcity setup aimed to make the economy tougher.

Hm, Campfire Cooking sounds interesting too. It could add another layer of immersion to my Frostfall/Hunterborn/iNeed trifecta.

Edited by thommaal

Requiem starts you out at 5-25 speech.

With this mod, you get a flat 15 XP per unit sold, which is the minimum recommended by Complete Crafting Overhaul Remade for training smithing via mining.

You need 528,804 XP to level speech from 0 to 100. Vanilla or Requiem.

So, you'd need somewhere around 35,253 ore, wood, and/or crops to level speech to 100.

Basically, it's impossible without cheating to master speech by doing favor jobs, but they'll give you a nice start at the lowest levels before the leveling curve kicks in.

Perfect, you have totally allayed my fears. Thanks!

• 3 months later...

v1.3 will have these improvements:

- All blacksmiths or smelter operators throughout Skyrim will buy all ore or ingots

- New dialogue branches for selling ore and selling ingots

- New dialogue branches appear at the top of the dialogue menu (oddity: they switch places sometimes)

- Dialogue options are properly ordered

- Steel Ingots and Dwemer Metal Ingots can now be sold in bulk

Edited by fireundubh
  • +1 1

v1.3 has been uploaded. The new version features these improvements:

- Main file now requires the Unofficial Skyrim Patch

- Main file includes optional plugins for Dawnguard, Dragonborn, Requiem, Requiem - Dragonborn, and Requiem - Hard Times

- All blacksmiths or smelter operators throughout Skyrim will buy all ore or ingots

- New dialogue branches for selling ore and selling ingots

- New dialogue branches appear at the top of the dialogue menu

Posted Image

- Dialogue options are properly ordered

Posted Image

- Steel Ingots and Dwemer Metal Ingots can now be sold in bulk

Posted Image

• +1 1

I'm going to add a "more favor jobs" component.

I'm planning out "hunting jobs" (pelts and meat) specifically because I've been wanting to make a horse thief mod for awhile now that involves stealing horses, butchering them, and selling the meat to innkeepers. I know. I'm a bad person.

But if you have any other ideas for favor jobs, I'd like to hear them.

I'm figuring out how to add hunter merchant package to Druadach denizen(s) to make my natives hunting exploits profitable, sounds like you've gone and made it downright respectable, planning road trip to Rorikstead after the next mammoth hunt (I don't have a bounty in Whiterun, might as well make some friends).

You mentioned the Become a Highwayman mod in a previous posting, I might pair that with your horse procurement idea on the road to Riverwood, Helgen & Dragonsreach (might as well make some enemies).

Guard factions of the walled cities might need quarried stone with a civil war in th offing. I'm not sure where pottery best fits in economy, , maybe at the farms, but potters could use clay.

Finally, I posted on the Hunterborn page:

Here's a thought about cooking recipes that springboards off your Falmer disguise potion idea, add an effect to Dogmeat Stew (and any other dog related cusine, in RL canines can tell if they have been on your menu recently by your odor, and before you ask: no, I haven't) that causes you to be an enemy to the Dog Faction temporarily. I was going to suggest the same for Equine dishes, but I'm not seeing a Horse Faction ... looks like horses are in the Prey Faction, along with a lot of other disparate actors.