Best method of installing Sounds of Skyrim?

rpgxomega

Question

I am thinking of getting rid of Audio Overhaul cause I remember liking SoS better.

Or is there something better than both that STEP recommends?

I also have CoT, and all of the DLCs.

So installing before was kinda complicated. Wondering if there is a STEP method.

Also wondering if anyone has merged them into one esp.

Thanks.

Edited by rpgxomega

10 answers to this question

Well, I know this isn't STEP recommended but I have always loved Sounds of Skyrim, specially The Wilds, and I will keep on using them. I stopped using the Civilization module cause I didn't like that I couldn't trace where all the throwing up and screaming inside taverns and such was coming from ::P: What are the mods you need patching with? There's already a patch out there for CoT and an outdated ELFX patch for The Dungeons, but it isn't at all hard to make one yourself, just copy and override into a new file and drag the XCAS - Acoustic Space from SoS to the new file. I think I'm right but CJ could confirm or plain prove me wrong, he/she is much more knowledgeable than the likes of me. Anyway, hope it helps.

I don't need any mods made. I was wondering what patches I might need. Asking for a STEP guide I guess.

I went ahead and just got he 3 main files. I will keep AoS and try SoS on top of it. Then I made sure all SoS were cleaned and merged them into SoS Merged.

Also SoS has a MCM menu since some of you all checked IIRC. Which you can disable some sounds from. Or you can remove in the sound folders.