Finally, A Gameplay Setup I am happy with! Must haring!

(..)

But don't just assume there are more quests that will break similarly and then tell everyone that "the mod breaks quests." That helps nobody.

edit: Garfink provided more information. Fixed in v1.2. Or, rather, avoided. See sticky in mod thread.

Sorry about the delay in providing more accurate information. Two quests didn't finish in my playthrough, and that's why I considered it to be not an isolated incidence: Garfink has already mentioned the one that didn't work in his playthrough. I went there to test it for myself and when the bandit chief follows you and you kill him outside, the quest will not be solved.

It happened a second time at Fort Neugrad, when the commander of the Fort followed my character outside.

I see that you have already reacted and updated the mod. Thank you. No Combat Boundaries was still in my mod list since it had proved to be too useful to deactivate it because of those two incidents -- and now I don't have to worry about adding another reason for a civil war quest to go bonkers.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

found another nice mod by Scrabbulor, Companions & Followers. adds a dozen adventurer NPCs who travel around the world, so it's good also for those who don't plan to ever use them as followers. great, I missed the adventurers from populated lands roads and paths :D

OK so I've just played with ASIS for about 3 hours and I'm at a point where I can go back to my save before installing it, or keep going. I ran into one of those Immersive Battles when entering Rorikstead (which looks awesome with ETaC!), which now seem to have much more soldiers on this 1.7.7v compared to the 1.7.6v I was using and so I got to see ASIS in action: guys talking potions, etc. I got the dreaded "Your game's script system is running to slowly" one time, and things didn't get better when a dragon showed up and joined the party.

To be fair, I think I would have gotten the message even without running ASIS, the battle was so massive.. But mid battle with the dragon VM completely froze and I had to do it all over again, only to VM freezing again only I'd quicksaved so it wasn't completely lost. Anyway, got through it. When the battle was over, there were various traveling merchants and guys from PLRP, just standing there, doing nothing, perhaps their AI had stopped working? After going inside a building and outside things sort of got back to normal..

Question is: can my system handle ASIS? Or the new Immersive Battles doubled up? If IB is the problem, perhaps I can edit the esp with T5E, only need some guidance since I don't want to mess it up. Any feedback?

yeah, I'd avoid immersive battles. it's fine on its own, but on a heavily modded setup with many added npcs and asis increased spawns I'd be quite surprised if it didn't crash. also the battles are always in the same spots, which imo is a big drawback compared to the rest of immersive patrols. I LOVED Monster Wars but ended up removing it for that very reason. that was a tough choice. I bet 99% of the people on these forums would hate that mod though :P

Yeah, or maybe I'll just use the Battles esp from 1.7.6. I'm checking out that Companions mod as well, no question!

What's your opinion (everyone) on PLRP btw? Does it really add that much to your game? These adventurers and mercenaries wandering around they are cool, no doubt, but in comparison with Radiance, Random Encounters, etc, would you guys delete it from your load order? I'm a bit undecided myself..

I've ended up removing it because my cpu is crappy and I can't really overburden it with moar npcs, but if your rig can handle it I see no real reason to remove it. it's safe to remove at any time btw, ( just like immersive patrols ) so you can keep using it till you decide otherwise. there's some overlap with immersive patrols, you could read the LPRP description and see if you want to remove a couple IP plugins. it also includes some stuff IP doesn't, the adventurer bands are a nice touch for example :D

I have stopped using immersive battles, patrols and other mods that add a bunch of battles outdoors randomly.  They don't usually add much in terms of gameplay and totally unbalance the game because you can often go in after the battle is over and loot a zillion dead corpses.  I also think its immersion breaking as these large battles occur too often and it seems that there is a fight around every corner.  Not to mention the affect on stability.  I don't like mods that add wandering merchants/adventurers that don't add any quests... they just clutter up the environment and don't add any value in terms of game play.  Its fine to find another group of adventurers but its NOT fine that you can't even talk to them and if they die, you can loot their bodies next to their friends...  nah...

I am using smaller mods for the purpose, try Radiance and Extended Encounters, they only add a few encounters and sometimes they interact with each other and vanilla spawns.  Subtle and I like it.  Doesn't cause Freezes either and I use ASIS with them with no problems, although I did add both mods to the mod exclusion of ASIS increase spawns to prevent issues.  For ASIS settings don't go crazy, I have 0-50 1-100 2-10 so you aren't inundated.  Remember these settings will MULTIPLY other spawning mods like Random Encounters, Populated series, so make sure you take that into account.

With the default ASIS settings and populated dungeons and Random encounters on default, in Falmar dungeons like the one in Markath, you can end up with literally over 50 spawns in a single room of the dungeon!

You can check out my settings for ASIS and RE here in this thread:  https://forum.step-project.com/topic/4762-new-gameplay-overhaul-pack/

Edited by Garfink