Master of Disguise (by fireundubh) [Featured by Brodual and G.E.M.S.]

fireundubh

Were the guards immediately hostile? Or did you see the screen shake before they went hostile?

I didn't notice screen shake, but I was in 3rd person (my usual) and looking around so I could have missed that. No, they definitely weren't immediately hostile. I was able to follow the perimeter sentry on the return leg of his patrol route (it was easy to walk behind outside of detection cone), and with a bit of work avoid runnning and stay out of of his vision when he turned back to head out. It was the approach to the city gate that was problematic as there are two guards (perhaps more?) with their backs to the city wall and no way to get more than 90 degrees off center. It seemed that they detected me as I drew even with the stables, I believe one of them hustled down the stairs, but the sun was setting behind the city wall so what I actually saw was a guard charging across the killzone from the direction of (base of) the stairs to confront me over my bounty (whats 2000 septim between friends, friendo? ).

I'm going to tear out the current detection system, add a Thunderchild-like "energy bar," implement an MCM menu, and add an option to configure a disguise key.

So, detection will work like this:

• While the disguised player is within a detecting NPC's cone of vision, the energy bar will drain at some rate.
  • The rate at which the energy bar drains will be determined by the player's best skill level in Sneak or Illusion.
  • When the energy bar is depleted, the player's disguise will be blown.
  • The maximum amount of cover energy will be determined by all of the factors that we have now, so some disguises will have less maximum cover energy than others.
  • Before the energy bar is depleted, the player can press the disguise key to replenish the energy bar.
  • The amount of replenishment will be determined by the player's best skill level in Sneak or Illusion.
  • Cover energy will regenerate over time while the player is disguised, unseen, and not in combat.
  • The rate of energy regeneration will also be determined by the player's best skill level in Sneak or Illusion.
  • Finally, the cone of vision for the purpose of detection will be narrowed to 45 degrees. 
  • There will be no grading of the cone of vision. Energy drain will always happen at the same rate. Distance and angle won't be factors anymore.

edit: I thought you could create health bars now, but I guess Thunderchild coopts the stamina bar.

Edited by fireundubh

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...

This is a great mod, unfortunately I had accidentally deleted it and tried to download it again only to be greeted by Nexus' "File Not Found" screen. I have no idea what happen, but me and many others ( and I mean a large amount of people from what I saw) would appreciate it if you could find the time to upload the mod once again.

Download: Link removed - please do not redistribute files without permission of the author. (WilliamImm)

Master Of Disguise - Immersive Disguises v0.5.1

Master Of Disguise - Updated Cutting Room Floor Patch v0.5.0

Master Of Disguise - Updated Immersive Armor Addon v0.5.0

Edited by WilliamImm
Remove link to unathorized dowload. Please do not edit it back in.

Master Of Disguise - Immersive Disguises v0.5.1

Master Of Disguise - Updated Cutting Room Floor Patch v0.5.0

Master Of Disguise - Updated Immersive Armor Addon v0.5.0

You should not distribute mod without author permission

Edited by darkside
  • +1 1

• 3 months later...