Three point precision in versions

myztikrice

Question

How come Mod Organizer starts automatically reverting x.xx.x version numberings to x.xx? I can install Immersive NPC in the Dark and mark its version as 0.8.2, but if I change it to anything else, trying to change it to 0.8.2 automatically makes it 0.8.

9 answers to this question

Probably because people have been pestering me for a year to support a versioning scheme that interprets dots in version numbers as decimal separators and for reasons I can't deduce now MO thinks that the mod uses such a versioning scheme (maybe they did once).

If that dot is a decimal separator, obviously there can't be a second.

Close MO and open the meta.ini file for that mod, it probably has saved the version as "f0.8". Remove the f and the versioning for that mod should return to "normal".

Didn't help. Trying to change it to use two decimals after closing MO and editing meta.ini to remove the f and add the two decimal version directly doesn't work. Closing MO, removing the f from meta.ini, then opening MO and trying to change it inside the program to two decimals doesn't work.

Of course, how would MO know that there is a blog? All versioning info and descriptions come from nexus.

No, you don't have to configure each mod manually, usually you have to configure nothing, because MO usually (including the case you posted) correctly determines version numbers.

If you install mods that are not hosted on nexus (or are not up-to-date on nexus) I'd suggest you remove the nexus id and version altogether. MO will then use the installation date for the version number, that should be good enough to determine if a version on the blog is newer than what you have installed.

What does that have to do with it? It's version 3.05.6 and I want MO to show that, I don't care about automatically determining if there is a newer version. The reason I asked is because even if I remove the Nexus ID it still won't let me use two decimals.

RaceMenu (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/29624/) was just updated to 2.7.0 and is unchangeable in MO as well (Reverting to 2.7).

[General]
modid=29624
version=2.7.0
newestVersion=
category="17,"
installationFile=
ignoredVersion=
notes=
nexusDescription=
lastNexusQuery=

[iNI%20Tweaks]
size=0