Realistic Boat Bobbing (by Gandaganza)

CJ2311

So what would be the solution for a noob that only knows how to "use" TES5Edit from the STEP guide?

Should I temporarily download and install USKP, load RBB into TES5Edit, rightclick USKP and remove it as master via menu?

And afterwards save the altered file and remove USKP as it isn't needed anymore?

That easy?

• 3 months later...

updated yesterday

Version 2.4.1

Somehow long boats folder got deleted.

added semi-auto goodness to the separate modules

Version 2.4.0

Updated unofficial patch refs

Only DLC versions offered to reflect the change to USLEEP

Hopefully fixed Wyrmsooth addon

Rebuilt merged options with semi-automated install

Included Animated Clutter with a warning, use at your own risk.

• 3 months later...

I dont see why this isnt included in STEP because RWT is part of core and it does have some bobbing boats even if you don't select the bobbing boats option.

The only thing that this mod does that is extra on top of RWT is bob the rest of the boats and the objects that are placed on them so that they appear to bob with the boat.

I also want to note that chairs are removed since there are some problems with the people.

I could include an optional to re-enable the chairs but they will not be able to bobbed.

Also I should note that yes, I am maintaining RBB.

• 4 weeks later...

I actually recently just added this to my 'base' set up which I use for all general testing etc and I've found that particularly when looking at other mods with similar effects like the one that makes signs blow, this has a really big effect on the way I perceive the game world. Docks actually feel like they are dynamic now, rather then just another part of the enviroment.

While RWT does include similar functionality, I find that RWT you notice that it's added, while with RBB you notice that its missing if that makes sense. I'm more likely to notice in it RWT because the statics don't move, or a barrel will be floating etc, while with this mod when I take it out I immediately notice the wrongness of having a still boat, but it feels very natural when it's included.

• 3 weeks later...