Realistic Boat Bobbing (by Gandaganza)

CJ2311

• 3 months later...

RBB received a great update today, making the mod even... greater?! I consider it a straight up fix by now (basically like Animated Clutter) instead of an addition.

Version 2.2
Added Large Boats main modules and patches.
Added BFT Patch.
New animations for long and large boats! Includes different animations for boats in the same area so they don't bob in sync.
Restructured file packaging, should now be easier to use with BAIN.
Merged files now include Large Boats main module and patches.
Fixed NSUTR Patch.
Added patched SMIM animated barrels.
Added patched Animated Clutter barrels. See Note in mod's description.
General bugfixing.
Edited by Nearox

Well, it's really simple to install as I never found it to conflict with anything (assuming you install the relevant options/patches from RBB) in SRLE or REGS, same with STEP I suppose.  The esp just points each individual boat to a mesh for each seperate boat. This is how Gadaganza got all boat bobbing to look good I guess, by adjusting them individually. 

Edited by Nearox

• 2 weeks later...

@Gandaganza,

Neovalen found that Animated Clutter - Sacks meshes may cause CTD. He excluded it from SR:LE installation. Just FYI.

Another question -

I installed REGS version. There are 2 files 

RBB - REGS Merge.esp

RBB - Row Boats - Hearthfire Hotfix.esp.

Can I merge them?

Thanks for a great mod! 

Edited by darkside

@Gandaganza,

Neovalen found that Animated Clutter - Sacks meshes may cause CTD. He excluded it from SR:LE installation. Just FYI.

Thanks for a great mod! 

Another question -

I installed REGS version. There are 2 files RBB - REGS Merge.esp and RBB - Row Boats - Hearthfire Hotfix.esp. Can I merge them?

Yes, they do, but not in realistic conditions (while playing the game). I'll have to talk to Neo about that. Btw, those sacks are stable, you can't just load different sets of them without resetting the last set, that will cause a CTD - this means, you CTD if you coc from Broken Oar Grotto to Wyrmstooth, but there's no real way of traveling between them without unloading the previous set. This is a problem with the animated Clutter meshes and neither me or jackmorris have found a solution :/

Yes, you can :p that Hotfix is a single record change!

• +1 1

• 9 months later...

Realistic Water Two provides this so no need for this mod.

If I'm correct, we would be better off using this mod, because, if I understand it, RWT doesn't allow objects in longboats to bob with the boats, whereas this mod does.

If I'm correct, we would be better off using this mod, because, if I understand it, RWT doesn't allow objects in longboats to bob with the boats, whereas this mod does.

Yes. RWT's boat bobbing has some horrible clipping issues. You can see the difference in Shinji72's Skyrim Mods Watch.

. Edited by TorNyan
  • +1 1

• 1 month later...