Don't Want to Use Alternate Start

I've played the game using SR:LE suggested set up but now want to exclude the mod "Alternate Start Live Another Life" which is used as a master for the SR Conflict Resolution Patch. How do I edit out the overrides using this mod as Master? This seems to be preferable to creating another Conflict Resolution Patch from scratch.

Temporarily put the mod in your Load Order, load the Conflict Resolution.esp in TES5EDIT and remove all records from the guide associated with Alternate Start then remove the ESP from the File Header of the Conflict Resolution. Sort Masters and you should be safe to then take the Alternate Start out of your MO load  order.

You could also leave the mod in and just pick the Alternate Start that deals with "I was caught crossing the border illegally".

I've played the game using SR:LE suggested set up but now want to exclude the mod "Alternate Start Live Another Life" which is used as a master for the SR Conflict Resolution Patch. How do I edit out the overrides using this mod as Master? This seems to be preferable to creating another Conflict Resolution Patch from scratch.

Make sure you have Alternate Start active and start TES5Edit. Select "SR Conflict Resolution.esp" in the left pane and expand by selecting [+] to the left of it. Using Neo's subguide find the records related to Alternate Start. I have found these:

Block 2 > Sub-Block 8 > 000DBF12 MarasEyePond01 > Temporary > 00105C8C

Dialog Topic (all records)

Faction (partial list below)

0001BCC0 BanditFaction

00027242 VampireFaction

etc.

For each record you find when you click on it you will see both Alternate Start and SR Conflict Resolution.esp located in the right pane. Right click on the record in the left pane and select "Remove". Repeat for all the records related to Alternate Start. When done, in the left pane, right click on "SR Conflict Resolution.esp" and select "Clean Masters" and then right click again and select "Sort Masters". When exiting TES5Edit only "SR Conflict Resolution.esp" should available to save. If not you did sometime wrong. Now deactivate Alternate Start and start TES5Edit again. If it shows Alternate Start as a missing Master for "SR Conflict Resolution.esp" you missed some records.

• +1 1

Thank you both for thoughtful answers. I decided to simply follow DanielCoffey's suggestion and just use the crossing the border choice. Apart from the video in the SR:LE conflict resolution section made by Sharlikran are there any resources that fully explain how to build my own conflict resolution patch and to judge whether or not I need to make one?

Edit:
Actually found a guide for FNV Edit https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/38413/?tab=4&&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fnewvegas%2Fajax%2Fcomments%2F%3Fmod_id%3D38413%26page%3D1%26sort%3DDESC%26pid%3D0%26thread_id%3D272888&pUp=1 which downloads in .pdf and looks pretty comprehensive. This was updated in October 2013. Would still appreciate it if anyone else knows of another guide.

Edited by phazer11
  • 9 months later...

Easiest way to not use it is simply to create the patch following the instructions on your own.. ignoring any of the ones that relate to it... which are quite a few. At least if you do not have that much tes5edit experience to remove all the records manually. 

That is what I always do anyways.. since I do not like the mod, just had too many small annoying issues with it to use it. 

If you want to do it that way, then again look in the guide.. all the details are there, simply use the search function and you will get all the records eventually. 

Thanks eberkain and Aiyen. I did what you say Aiyen but when I started finding more records then guide is "talking about" in conflict patch which relate to it I stopped and now try to figure it out why in guide some records aren't discribe. I talking about alternative start only.