Mod Organizer and Skyre - Can it be installed?

Daemones

Question

I apologize if this has been answered before.

I've switched from NMM to MO today and began creating a fresh install (going to be making two seperate installs). I've been having a little bit of trouble installing Skyre and the reproccers that are required to run with it. My question is, am I able to install Skyre, or do I have to do it manually, since all mods aren't saved in the Data folder now.

15 answers to this question

I'm waiting for a new computer to install skyrim again, but as of last month it worked fine with MO! I had the reproccers going through SUM and MO and while it took a little bit of time to run (partially due to my computer, of course) it all worked well.

The one thing about SUM, though (and I used it due to using ASIS, Enchants and Dual Sheath) you need to re-sort masters for SUM.esp each time you run the reproccer

I'm using reproccer 2.5 (latest version) with MO and it works like a charm. As you are new to MO I highly suggest carefully reading the S.T.E.P. MO wiki. In the resources tab there is a 5+ videos listed, one of them "Mod Organizer an Advanced Guide" discusses MO and the use of skyproc patchers (automatic variants is discussed), others discuss Tes5Edit and Wrye Bash usage with MO. It is is good to understand how the 'overwrite' directory works and how to keep it clean. Essential is to understand how the virtual filing system of MO works, its discussed in the advanced tab of the MO wiki, you can find it here. Regarding overwrite, just search this thread, GSDFan has created a few posts in which he explains how to minimize files put into the overwrite directory.

For skyproc patchers in general. The older ones uses the Skyproc framework created by Leviathan1753, his latest updates is more or less a year old is made before USKP etc started using fake/false esm files. When creating a patch skyproc does not take into account fake esm files and the masters aren't sorted correctly. This could give problems but you can use Tes5Edit to 'sort masters'. This is NOT limited to the use of MO as you will have the same problem when using NMM. You can find info by Arthmoor (author USKP) in the LOOT thread (successor of BOSS). As you started fresh I HIGHLY recommend using this instead of BOSS, no more unrecognized esp files, works like a charm (for me). You can find the LOOT thread here.

The good news is that Dienne who created a skyproc patcher called Lootification has picked up the torch and is now the maintainer of Skyproc. Because Leviathan1753 (SUM, Automatic Variants, Skyproc) and Plutoman (ASIS and Realistic Lightning with Customization) have both been kidnapped by the Daedra prince Real Life. He is also the guy who released a new version of ASIS. His Skyproc version handles fake esm files correctly. His Skyproc thread can be found here.  Skyproc when compiled is just a Java jar file called skyproc.jar which is used by skyproc patchers. When authors of skyproc patchers were using Leviathan's latest Skyproc version it means they can just use Dienne's skyproc.jar recompile the pathcer, release it and it will handle fake esm's correctly. At least the following patchers use his code and handle fake esm's: ASIS, Every Body is Different, ScrollProccer, there might by more. SUM is recommended when using multiple skyproc patchers, it does by default NOT create a sum.esp but you set it so. According to Leviathan1753 this feature is experimental, but multiple have reported that it works for them.

I've contacted Dienne and we are currently investigating how Skyproc can be changed so that is more MO friendly, as in no files end up in the overwrite directory. We will also try to convince skyproc authors to use the new skyproc.jar so that fakes esm's are handled correctly.

T;Dr: Read the MO wiki, read the MO thread and enjoy MO and reproccer. Should you have questions (preferable after a good RTFM (F is fine) feel free to ask them.

Thanks for the replies. Sorry for my late responding, had a lot to do.

After reading a little bit over I think I understand the workings of MO. I'm just having a hard time installing additonal Skyre materials, such as the Reproccer (I manually installed it inside the data folder. Was that correct?). I also have to download the Skyre patch for Immersive Armors v7 and the Balbour and Steel patch.

If you can give me a step by step instruction that would be so helpful. ::):

You sir are a gentleman and a scholar. That worked perfectly. What about for Balbor and Steelsouls SkyRe Reproccer? There are multiple fixes and patches to choose from in the menu. Do I just select the ones I need/want and continue, or do I have to do something manually?

Balbor and Steelsouls stats files are extremely outdated, and qotsafan's stats which replaced them are outdated as well. Everyone's using Xathra's patches nowadays from what I can see on reddit. Plus this fix for those Immersive Armors 7.1.

Yes, use that fix for IA7.1 if you are installing it. You might also consider using this stats.xml for your reproccer rather than Xathra's. Xathra hasn't updated his yet for IA7.1.

The reproccer does a pretty good job but it won't fix everything. It really seems to dislike shields and you may see some strange things with Falkreath & Markarth city guard armors.

I don't know if this will help you with your installation but Gimpyone and I are working on a SRLE + Skyre build. Its nowhere close to being finished but we've made alot of progress the last week or two. The thread notes are going to be getting a major update this weekend to include fixes for Bring out your Dead, Organized Bandits in Skyrim, and a few stats.xml tweaks that help correct some armor and shield funky-ness. Maybe there's something in there that will help you with your build. Link

Edited by ipmlj

Thanks so much for your guy's help. I'll be taking a look at that CJ2311, definitly interesting. Quick question, for some mods, it asks if I want to merge, or rename the files. I guess it doesn't matter in MO, so long as its activated?

So I'm noticing most of my files going into the overwrite section... which isn't good. I read up on that Advanced wiki but I couldn't find a solution to the problem (maybe I missed it) What do I need to do in order to get them out of that?

the overwrite section isn't so bad as it looks in my humble opinion (although I'm rather an MO beginner myself)

it's just that files there will overwrite ALL and you can't change their priority

the thing to do is to create one or several archive(s) with your files in overwrite and install them through MO

personally I didn't bother moving out all the log files created by skyproc patchers (because those don't do anything by themselves to the game)

I suggest this video :

which shows the process for the bashed patch

you can also browser the other videos if you so wish, always informative.