Wrye Bash wipes plugin list after patching?

UnmeiX

Question

Well, I've been using WryeBash 304.3 without problems for awhile now. I've experienced this issue before, and somehow managed to solve it in the past, but could never find a post that alluded to.. Well, the issue at hand. My setup is pretty heavy, 254 plugins (though maany are compatibility patches), but they run well together, except for this.

Simply enough: When Wrye Bash is opened through Mod Organizer and the patch is run, it creates the patch successfully; and proceeds to disable all unofficial plugins and remove them -entirely- from the plugin list on the Wrye Bash screen.

I'm a bit OCD with my load order, sorting first with BOSS, then checking Wrye Bash and ordering masters appropriately, then hand-sorting according to author instructions. You can imagine my horror the first time Wrye Bash wiped it completely. Ever since, I've done my best to keep a backup load order before patching with WB, to save myself an insane amount of time. XD

Anyway, the load order -isn't- 100% STEP or anywhere near it, but this was a fresh install and mod setup as of a few weeks ago and it worked about flawlessly; and Wrye Bash had even stopped clearing my load order out until today. At random, again, it started, and does it every single time I patch. I'd hoped that, considering how much ya'll have worked with the WB crew, you might have some insight (and, of course, they won't support WB used with MO).

Merged into the Bashed patch are..

Remodeled Armor - Vanilla Replacer - Dawnguard.esp
Remodeled Armor - Vanilla Replacer - Dragonborn.esp
ERSO 06 - Wait More Time Dragon Encounter x4.0.esp
CCO_WAFTrueWeapons_Patch.esp
Mighty Beasts - Werewolf.esp
Hunterborn_Frostfall-Patch
AFT_iNPCFix.esp

A couple of pictures to illustrate -exactly- what's going on here.. Everything's fine before patch; and gone after.

Posted ImagePosted Image

I know, I really should create a merged patch or something, but I could never seem to figure out just -how- that works (could never get the entries I wanted to copy over, idk). Anyway, as I said before, it was running fine, even Wrye Bash seemed to like me for once, then today it decided to go ballistic again.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Edited by UnmeiX

I know I know. There is an empty 100k or was it 10K bash patch that needs to be place back into Skyrim data folder. Once that is replaced, reorder your mods again. It should work again. To prevent it occurring again follow my instructions from before and only close wyre bash when it's finish doing its thing. You know it's done when the blue bar highlighting appears and you can click highlight esps again on the main list. If you don't the next time you load it up, everything looks fine until you make a bash and then it will happen again. Totally reproducible on my computer.I am 100% sure.

I hate to do this to you again, Garfink.. But it works 100% fine now with no action on my part and with no Bash files in my Skyrim data folder.

The only existing Bashed Patch .esp I have is in my overwrite folder, where I want it. Dx

Sorry to prove you wrong again, cause I know you're very sure of yourself.

Edit: On this note; should the 'date modified' be changing, on the Bashed Patch? Says last modified 3/29, but in Wrye the notes say yesterday.

What?

Edited by UnmeiX

This has happened to me a time or two as well. When it does, I always just delete the Bashed Patch.esp and run Wrye Bash again.

What I've sorta semi noticed is that when it DOES happen to me the Bashed Patch.esp has always seems to have been magically "relocated" to the Steam AppsCommonSkyrimData directory, rather than to the Overwrite directory in spite of having been run from within Mod Organizer.  I just assumed that's why everything "disappeared" from the patch in the first place.