Correct Enblocal Settings

prizner

Question

So I was installing SkyRealism using the enb guide and I noticed the site https://www.iparadigm.org/pages/pnenb/ENBoost.html used for getting parameters for the memory section of enblocal no longer works. After some digging I found there were some formulas to come up with the needed information but as I am still unsure if I fully understand them I was wondering if anyone here could help? I have gtx 680 4GB and 12GB of ram with a i7 980x. Thanks!

I was recently asked a question which left me scratching my head so I'm hoping you guys with your extensive knowledge could at least help me to come to a resolution

The question was.....

I'm paraphrasing here but this is the general gist of the question. "would ReservedMemorySizeMb's value be taken out of Skyrim's 3.1GB limit of addressed memory or is that "ReservedMemorySizeMb" value taken out of it's own separate process by ENBoost just like VideoMemorySizeMb is?"

I find myself now wondering what the answer is, does anyone have any clues ?

So taken from VRam if your recollections serve you right, that means then that this value is removed from the pool which skyrim uses to get it's 3.1GB value am I right, if so then a setting of 512 would be too high considering the game can only utilize 4GB VRam if using Windows 8 and up. I was under the impression that ENB circumvented this issue with the enbhost application, although I think enbhost and all other associated enb files are all 32 bit which would make them succeptible to the same problem as Skyrim with Windows 8 and up after MS' latest mishap.

Hmm, this is interesting. Does this mean that the information in Boris' VRamSizeTest can lead to incorrect values for VideoMemorySize for Windows 8 and 10 users? Because with Windows 8 or 10, it seems the highest number possible with the test tool is 4064MB (due to Microsoft DX9 4GB cap bug). If ENBoost can circumvent this cap with multiple instances, perhaps the value should be set higher?

That is the value I get, and you can see my full computer specs in my signature. Summary: Windows 8.1 Home, Nvidia GTX 970M (w/ 3GB VRam), 16GB RAM

Edited by Nebulous112

I forgot about this post lol Thanks for reply.  Since then I had a 200+ mod Skyrim, stable too! I did however changed my mind on a few mods I was using, so started a new game. now I have new problems! Oh, I do have AMD Rad graphics card also! I must have forgot to mention lol

I have started a new game, same ini's and mods, just a fresh game and re-install of mods. I started to get stutter,(you can see in FP mode with weapon drawn "phasing" when looking up and down) not affecting my FPS either, most noticeable when looking around or with weapon drawn, and in certain areas interior, but not as prolific outdoors. So I re-installed Skyrim, still had the problem. So got enb Boost, got the crashFix's, and this fix also. My AMD is set for app, only vsync is enabled outside. I'm very stuck with this, and depressed lol I had a stable game before re-start, I re-started because there were mods I no longer wanted, and didn't want to use a save tool to remove them. Any help would be awesome, I'm not a smart egg (too many bumps to the head lol) So I really appreciate any help.