CK doesn't see mods installed in Mod Organizer

ipmlj

Question

Hello,

I have a problem using the Creation Kit from within Mod Organizer. I am following the SRLE build by Neovalen. My build is not a pristine SRLE installation and does not include any changes Neo has added since 23 MAR. For a description of my build you can find it here under the subsection "RECAP". My system specs: here.

Problem description: after launching the CK thru MO, the mods that are installed do not appear in the File>Data menu of the CK. I see only: Skyrim.esm, Update.esm, Dawngaurd.esm, Hearthfires.esm, and Dragonborn.esm

Additional notes: Initially, I could not get the CK to launch at all neither thru MO nor Steam. I added the skyrimeditor.ini tweaks to allow multiple masters and added the archivelist and sresource info according to the SRLE guide. I also unistalled & reinstalled the CK while trouble shooting the startup issue. Ultimately, I had to move the d3d9.dll from the ...Skyrim folder to a temp folder (as it is necessary for my ENB). Moving the d3d9.dll to a temp folder allowed the CK to launch thru MO and Steam.

How can I use the CK for my current build to make a patch? Do I need to install everything via NMM so the CK can see the mods and then restore the pristine skyrim installation from backup?

Edit:

Also, when launching the CK via MO I get the following popup-

This process requires elevation to run.
This is a potential security risk so I highly advice you to investigate if "F:SteamsteamappscommonSkyrimCreationKit.exe" can be installed to work without elevation.

Start elevated anyway? (you will be asked if you want to allow ModOrganizer.exe to make changes to the system)
Edited by ipmlj

Skyrim's Creation Kit's Steam App ID is 202480. If the Steam App ID is not set in the Configure Executables window with Overwrite Steam AppID checked with the value of 202480, the Creation Kit will not be able to see your mods. Also, Steam should already be running prior to launching Creation Kit.

Thank you Double You, I followed your advise and now have all my mods loading in CK, :)) 

I'm going to compile all the details i gathered to fix mine, some of the responses here got me on the right path but were not exactly the right answer. 
Firstly, giving the skyrim folder full permissions did absolutely nothing in terms of getting CK to show the plugins you have enabled. 

Yes to fixing the AppID - If you do not know how/where to do this, open MO2 and and select the GEAR which is your Modify Executables menu. If you hover over the Gear it'll say "Configure the executables that can be started through Mod Organizer"
Select the Creation kit option in the Modify Executables pop up and making sure the Overwrite Steam AppID is checked , look at the number next to it, this is the number you have to change.
I've seen lots of different #'s provided by posters, so my guess is that it possibly can change? To insure you have the correct # go to Steams webstore page, through your browser, and search for the Skyrim Creation Kit there. In the URL there will be a 7 digit #, and that is your AppID, make sure that is the number in your Modify Executables, APPLY, OK. 
For good measure I like to close and reopen MO2 when I do weird stuff in it so that's what I did next. The next time you open MO2 and run CK, the data folder should show the plugins you have enabled. 

As an added Tip to making it easier to use CK if you have a lot of mods. In MO2 create a separate profile  by going to the drop down menu next to the word Profile in MO2, click on <Manage..> and create a new one from the popup. I named my CK Playground, name it what you will. Now when you switch to your new CK profile it will have all your mods and they will be disabled. Just use the search bar for the specific ones you want to enable before running CK. Makes it a lot easier than having to search through hundreds in the CK when you only need to fix a couple. 

Edited by Palindrome3D

11 hours ago, Palindrome3D said:

I'm going to compile all the details i gathered to fix mine, some of the responses here got me on the right path but were not exactly the right answer. 
Firstly, giving the skyrim folder full permissions did absolutely nothing in terms of getting CK to show the plugins you have enabled. 

Yes to fixing the AppID - If you do not know how/where to do this, open MO2 and and select the GEAR which is your Modify Executables menu. If you hover over the Gear it'll say "Configure the executables that can be started through Mod Organizer"
Select the Creation kit option in the Modify Executables pop up and making sure the Overwrite Steam AppID is checked , look at the number next to it, this is the number you have to change.
I've seen lots of different #'s provided by posters, so my guess is that it possibly can change? To insure you have the correct # go to Steams webstore page, through your browser, and search for the Skyrim Creation Kit there. In the URL there will be a 7 digit #, and that is your AppID, make sure that is the number in your Modify Executables, APPLY, OK. 
For good measure I like to close and reopen MO2 when I do weird stuff in it so that's what I did next. The next time you open MO2 and run CK, the data folder should show the plugins you have enabled. 

As an added Tip to making it easier to use CK if you have a lot of mods. In MO2 create a separate profile  by going to the drop down menu next to the word Profile in MO2, click on <Manage..> and create a new one from the popup. I named my CK Playground, name it what you will. Now when you switch to your new CK profile it will have all your mods and they will be disabled. Just use the search bar for the specific ones you want to enable before running CK. Makes it a lot easier than having to search through hundreds in the CK when you only need to fix a couple. 

This should no longer be problematic with SSE, so not sure if you are running LE and that version of the CK?

The SSE CK should be installed via Steam and then you need to add the CK fix patch. Then it should all just 'work' without any need to mess with the appID and such.

If this is still relevant to LE though, I think your post is a good reference. Not certain if LE has any 'fixes' on Nexus at this point.

3 hours ago, z929669 said:

This should no longer be problematic with SSE, so not sure if you are running LE and that version of the CK?

The SSE CK should be installed via Steam and then you need to add the CK fix patch. Then it should all just 'work' without any need to mess with the appID and such.

If this is still relevant to LE though, I think your post is a good reference. Not certain if LE has any 'fixes' on Nexus at this point.

You have to edit the Steam ID since Bethesda did away with their launcher and put the CK back on Steam...unless something has changed since the last time I did it.

11 minutes ago, TechAngel85 said:

You have to edit the Steam ID since Bethesda did away with their launcher and put the CK back on Steam...unless something has changed since the last time I did it.

Well, I guess I don't remember having to do that, but it's been a few years.