[NSFW] STEP Female Body Replacer

EssArrBee

Our goal is 100% vanilla compatibility...meaning we need a body replacer which works with the vanilla armors without the need for them to be converted to a new body. This ensures compatibility with vanilla and all 3rd party mods that users might use.

He may have, but that's kind of immaterial. The team is looking for a replacer that doesn't require yet another file to acommadate it... so even if he's converted them all, it's another mod that takes up another slot in the load order. I'm nowhere near the order of modding some of these guys are, and my load order is heavy enough as is...

Changes nothing, unfortunately... earlier in this discussion, the same kind of points came up about another mod (can't recall which), and it also had conversions done. After a lot of talk, what it basically came down to was wanting something like Better Males, where the look was changed enough to be decent without requireing ANY additional change to the armor meshes. ESP or no, that's what they are looking for...

Here is the recipe to get the Mature Skin variant I am showing above (All mods should be installed just before Natrual Eyes in Sec H):

[*]Install STEP:Core

[*]Remove XCE bundled mod we are currently recommending

[*]High Resolution Scars

[*]XCE - Scarface

[*]FemFeet (we only need the meshes)

[*]Mature Skin (consider using Alternativ body and face textures UNP)

[*]Diverse Muscle Tones

Results may vary depending upon body presets used. I use a Nord female above with a weight of 0.50 and my own custom look presets.

It would be great if others could test the look for other races, as I am not sure how this all looks on anything but the Nord female. I want to better understand the limitations of these changes and interactions with other race assets and even NPCs.

... let the real testing begin.

I've tested this combination out and it looks really good! Not hard to setup if you know what you're doing (might be harder for new modders); however, would be best if we could get permission to host the compilation ourselves so that it's a quick and easy install (similar to Better Males). All skin tones look good, all races look good and all weights look good. I've tested nearly all the armors out in the game and I saw no clipping. The only thing is a very slight visible seam around the ankles, but it's not noticeable unless you're looking for it. It would take someone doing custom mesh/texture work to be rid of the seams completely and we don't have a team member that does that type of work.

All-in-all, I say this combination is really good!

Here are all the races in no particular order. There were taken with STEP:Core and I did have an ENB active for these shots in order to get rid of the horrible shadowing on the bodies.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

The only real issue is on the Khajiits and from my understanding this is an issue with most body replacers due to the fur. The khajiit textures would have to be altered to fit the meshes to get rid of these seams.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Ignore the no eye thing...that's due to me not having the ENB set up properly for Core.

Here's an album with larger images: https://imgur.com/a/mmzZx#0

[*]Deactive the XCE mods

[*]Install High Resolution Scars

[*]Install XCE - Scarface and its update

[*]Install only the meshes from FemFeet (we only need the meshes)

[*]Install Mature Skin using Alternative body and face textures UNP

[*]Install Mature Skin UNP Normals and hide the femalebody_1_msn.dds file (texturesactorscharacterfemale)

[*]Extract Diverse Muscle Tones 5-1a High Vanilla

[*]Delete everything from the mod exept for 10 UNP-Vanilla folder.

[*]Navigate to 10 UNP-Vanillatexturesactorscharacterfemalemuscletone

[*]Delete all the file besides toned4_1_msn.dds

[*]Rename the toned4_1_msn.dds file to femalebody_1_msn.dds

[*]Move the new femalebody_1_msn.dds file up one level into the female folder and delete the muscletone folder

[*]Now re-archive the mod and install it.

Your mods should be in that order. It's a bit complex but I'm in the works with authors to get permissions for a compilation.

Like the look - and the Khajit thing is rather small. Obvious on close examination, but honestly, I don't see too many of us looking that closely at thier wrists as our faces are being bashed in. I could be wrong on that though...

I'll wait for the (hopeful) compilation though - my CBBE setup is working plenty well enough, and I'd rather not mess with my body setups at the moment.

Okay, I've heard back form all the authors besides Mature Skin, which I think will be okay. I'd almost rather not include it in the compilation in case someone wants to use a different skin. I'll put the compilation together in a bit and post it here for testing.