Nvidia 337.50 Beta Drivers

Neovalen

I never use Beta versions, but they appear promising if the real world gains are similar to their claims:

[*]Performance - Introduces key DirectX optimizations which result in reduced game-loading times and significant performance increases across a wide variety of games. Results will vary depending on your GPU and system configuration. Here are some examples of measured gains versus the previous 335.23 WHQL driver:

GeForce GTX 700 Series (Single GPU):

[*]Up to 64% in Total War: Rome II [*]Up to 25% in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim [*]...

Sounds really awesome, however the last 2 nvidia drivers I've used had this problem with playing Skyrim in which the monitor would black out and come back on. And it would happen somewhat frequently. I'll wait and see when it comes out of beta, I still had the current driver installer (332.21) just in case.

Already tested by people over at the ENB forums, and people with the better cards do not see any improvement. Seems like this is not a general improvement of performance across all models, but perhaps only on some of the lesser models. 

Which makes sense....a performance boost of the alleged 25% on a titan for example would kinda be similar to the total performance of some of the lesser cards... especially mobile versions. It would be nothing short of a massive driver revolution if Nvidia had found something that would increase performance by that much without altering the actual hardware. 

Alright, I just installed these drivers. Holy crap what a difference! Not a single stutter in Skyrim... at all. My max FPS didn't go up much... maybe 1 or 2 fps but my minimum FPS is up by a LOT. No hitching even with everything going crazy (20+ NPCS) and never dropped below 30. Gameplay as smooth as vanilla without ENB...

I'm dancing for joy! :) Apparently I'm one of the lucky ones.

• +1 1

I'm running a single 760 4GB and have not been able to use ENB on top of all the texture packs. The frame rates are simply unacceptable when I add ENB. Anxious to try this driver to see if it will provide even a slight boost. If not, I might have to pony up for a 2nd 760.

I'm running a single 760 4GB and have not been able to use ENB on top of all the texture packs. The frame rates are simply unacceptable when I add ENB. Anxious to try this driver to see if it will provide even a slight boost. If not, I might have to pony up for a 2nd 760.

I too have a GTX 760 4GB VRAM. What resolution are you running at and what are you considering unacceptable? Currently I'm running at 1920x1080 with a full STEP:Extended install and rarely go below the capped 60FPS. So I'm curious how your frame rate would be unacceptable.

I too have a GTX 760 4GB VRAM. What resolution are you running at and what are you considering unacceptable? Currently I'm running at 1920x1080 with a full STEP:Extended install and rarely go below the capped 60FPS. So I'm curious how your frame rate would be unacceptable.

Same here; gtx 760 4GB. I run at 1080p with RealVision ENB Performance for ELEX, vsync. Interiors are 60fps, exteriors are average 35 fps. I get dips occasionally when i hit my 4GB VRAM limit, down to 25 fps (Riverwood), it usually stabilizes at my VRAM limit at 30 fps.

SR:LE, STEP Extended, Requiem, REGS. Some would argue 35-30 fps is unacceptable... I can handle it.