it appears that the plugin pycfg.py failed to load last startup and caused mod organizer to crash

ugeine

Question

When I try and start mod organizer I get the error message 'it appears that the plugin pycfg.py failed to load last startup and caused mod organizer to crash.  Do you want to disable it?

If I click yes, or no and start it up again, whenever I try and add a patch it comes up with error messages explaining that it's unable to find plugins.txt or modlist.txt.

Has anyone encountered this before, or know how to fix this?

Thanks

8 answers to this question

Thanks for the quick response.

OK, will do.  

Just thought I should probably give a bit of background information and such in case it helps.

I've got a new computer, installed STEP to the best of my knowledge with mod organiser (I don't think I really understood it so I didn't install it correctly) and it was working for a bit but kept on crashing to desktop at random points.  I was trying to fix this when this error started coming up in mod organiser.  I've since reinstalled skyrim and mod organiser multiple times but it still seems to happen.  

Here's my PC's specs:

Processor (CPU) Intel® Coreâ„¢i5 Quad Core Processor i5-4670 (3.4GHz) 6MB Cache Motherboard ASUS® H81M-E: Micro-ATX, LG1150, USB 3.0, SATA 6GBs Memory (RAM) 8GB KINGSTON DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz (1 x 8GB) Graphics Card 2GB AMD RADEONâ„¢ R9 270X - DVI, HDMI, DP - DX® 11, Eyefinity 4 Capable      Hard Disk 1TB 3.5" SATA-III 6GB/s HDD 7200RPM 32MB CACHE

I'm also using windows 8.

Hi, same problem there.

When i start MO i have a pop up with :

Failer to initialize plugin E:/Game prog/Mod Organizer/plugins/pyCfg.py:

ValueError: E:/Game prog/Mod Organizer/PyCfg.py: no Such file

i don't understand, i did exatly what it said in the Step Wiki recommandation, not my first time with the Step, this PC never had MO instaled before.

get the following error everytime I open MO2, program does not crash, but I don't know if this is causing me any problems I don't see.

"failed to initialize plugin D:///ModOrganizer2/plugins/pycfg.py: an unexpected C++ exception was thrown in python code"

I went to bug reporting webpage but for some reason was unable to post to the forum/report, https://issue.tannin....zer/issues/open

get the following error everytime I open MO2, program does not crash, but I don't know if this is causing me any problems I don't see.

"failed to initialize plugin D:///ModOrganizer2/plugins/pycfg.py: an unexpected C++ exception was thrown in python code"

I went to bug reporting webpage but for some reason was unable to post to the forum/report, https://issue.tannin....zer/issues/open

The issue tracker is no longer at that address as the entire repository has been moved from Sourceforge to GitHub.