Removing Consistent Older People

mellcrisp

Question

Hi all -- new to the whole STEP thing. I followed the STEP core almost completely, just didn't add a couple mods I didn't think were necessary, and weren't tagged as part of core.

I'm having an issue moving beyond core: I'm trying to install UNP, and come to find that UNP does something to the textures that makes for huge foot seams on any of the "older people", made wrinkly by the Consistent Older People mod.

I decided I'm more interested in UNP's bodies than I am wrinkly old people, so I decide after not being able to find a fix that I'll just remove the Consistent Older People mod. Well, I've uninstalled it, deleted it, removed the Diverse Priest patch, as well as tried removing UNP any any other texture mods, but the "older people" are still old. No matter what I do, I cannot get these old people to look younger again.

In short, I can't get rid of the huge ankle seams, which are more immersion breaking to me than having thousands of people with the same body type. What can I do? Ideally I'd have UNP and Consistent Older People, but I don't see that happening.

Any help would be greately appreciated.

11 answers to this question

Did you try another UNP version to check if the issue is with the mod or your mod setup? I think there is UNPB Redux, as well as loads of alternative skin textures and meshes.

THe only other thing i can think of is that you have consistent old people mod remnants baked into your save. Its an unfortunate effect of skyrim that when you uninstall certain mods, they can leave behind orphan scripts in your save. You can try this Save Game Script Cleaner; https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/52363/?

It may help clean out remnants of the mod. Its seems to work but keep in mind its still new, make backups of your saves if using.

This is happening on new saves -- I just switched over to MO from NMM a few days ago. According to the Game Save Cleaner, I don't have any orphan scripts. I don't have any mod to make characters older, to my knowledge, than the one I already mentioned uninstalling.

I did try resurrecting them, without any luck. It's looking like I'm going to have to start fresh, again.

I imagine that's exactly what it is, I just don't know which files I should be looking for. I can't seem to find much information on it. I wouldn't even care if it wasn't for this horrible seams.

I don't have that exact .nif file, but how did you come to the conclusion that might be the issue?

So, should I just start from scratch again? I guess I need to follow that guide, since this is clearly an issue of files not getting removed.

If I were to delete all the meshes and textures, would the games/mods recreate those I need, or would I need to reinstall anyway?