ENboost vs. Borderless Window (Diagonal Camera Jitter woes)

thunderclam

Question

Hi. I play Skyrim according to STEP core. I have a 32inch Samsung TV as a monitor (which may be the problem here). I also have an AMD Radeon 6950. My trouble is that the combination of relatively low-refresh screen and AMD card means I get the jittery graphics/framerate thing when I pan the camera diagonally.I tried Borderless Windows but that means lowering to native resolution, which is 1360x768 (I usually play in 1920x1080) and this causes my AA to go haywire with texture flicker and shadow issues that I do not want. If I use the ENBoost solution, same thing.I just do not know how to fix this and could use some help.

7 answers to this question

The only thing I think of is to make sure you match your framerate to your refresh rate. If your refresh rate on your TV is 24FPS, which is often the case on HDTVs, then you need to limit your framerate to that as well.

EDIT:

Clarification: If your refresh rate on your TV is 24FPS, which is sometimes the case on HDTVs when streaming HD content via any method from another device, then you need to limit your framerate to that as well.

I didn't realize most TV's only had a refresh rate of 24Hz (sounds very wrong to me tech you should do some research before making broad statements) I thought they'd been at 60Hz for a while. I know mine is 60Hz and it's from 2008.

Thunderclam could you please provide us with your TV's model number?

TV is a Samsung (60hertz refresh, btw) that is recommended at 1360x768 as I said earlier. The model code is LN32A45OC1DXZC, Version AA04.

I really believe I could fix this if I could get ENBoost's "borderless window" function to keep my AA/resolution (not presently sure which) stable. I just don't know enough about how ENB works to tinker it back into shape.

You able to get me a link to the model? I couldn't find it via google. The only way to really know with the ENBoost vs Borderless Window is to try it to be honest. Try setting it (and removing Borderless Window from load order) if you don't know how I'm sure someone will know, haven't had a need for it yet.

I didn't realize most TV's only had a refresh rate of 24Hz (sounds very wrong to me tech you should do some research before making broad statements) I thought they'd been at 60Hz for a while. I know mine is 60Hz and it's from 2008.

I spoke from experience using gaming consoles in place of a PC. My old PS3 would output a maximum of 24Hz on full HD settings. I assumed this was limited by the TV since the PS3 is capable of outputting to up 60Hz. The one time I've plugged a computer into a TV monitor (different TV), it took defaulted to 24Hz was well. Blue-ray movies also play at 24Hz. I assumed there was a pattern here when it came to HD content and TV monitors; however, I could be wrong. :psyduck:

Besides, it wasn't a broad statement of fact as you interpreted it. It was a suggest to make sure they matched. The 24FPS was simply the example I used due to the reasons above. I clarified my statement above.