Travel Mounts - for fast travel by Manaflow

Kuldebar

Travel Mounts - for fast travel by Manaflow

Posted Image

Overview:

Ever asked why would you spend 1000 gold for a horse in Skyrim? Well, with this mod you will need a mount if you want to be able to fast travel! After a few seconds mounting your horse (or anything else you can mount actually) you will receive a message telling you are able to try to fast travel. Notice that any other requirement needed to fast travel, like not being near enemies, are still considered.

Come on! Commute on your horse, screw public transit!

No Fast Travel unless on a Horse or the in-game Carriage system.

Clever idea.  But I never use fat travel (or even fast travel!) except in very rare instances to fix bugs.  Have the fun of the game is going places and meeting unexpected and unusual things along the way.

True, but I like to have my cake and to eat it too! If I want to travel in the open road, I walk, if I want to zip to a known destination, I walk up to my horse and travel fast to a destination or just ride my horse all the way there normally if I wish. In fact, I don't use the carriage mods out there, so my only options for fast travel are Horse or the game provided methods...no other map travel is used because the mod prevents any fast travel other than by the proscribed methods.

Edited by Kuldebar

I don't see the point of using such mods. If you DO want fast travel, why adding an additional ESP only to make you get on your horse to fast travel? Waste of time, and it's not even immersive (fast travel can't really be immersive be definition).

If you don't want to use FT, well, just don't use it... 

I see it as a reasonable compromise. Your argument would apply to default carriage travel as well.

If you don't want to use FT, well, just don't use it...

It's not even as simple as that, you have to mod it so the box doesn't pop up on world map when you click it. With Travel Mounts, I can only travel fast to a destination if I am on a horse or use a carriage, no exceptions.

This is far more realistic compared to the fast travel only by carriage option.

And, as far as realism goes, we all have to decide for ourselves what is immersive versus tedious. I could run a mod where my character could only carry up to 65-75 pounds (a close max pack weight in real life) but that would seriously suck, in my opinion.

No, I could not "easily" do what this awesome mod does. Fast Travel is disabled to areas you have never visited and only available while mounted on a horse after you have ridden a certain distance. It's seamless integration into the game's vanilla system, it makes owning a horse have a purpose.

I dunno. This seems like one of those things where if you want to fast travel, you will, if you don't, you police it yourself. By the time I've gone so far as to get my horse and ride it awhile, I might as well just ride it the rest of the way imo. Different strokes for different folks and all that, I just personally don't see the point. Fast travel is already disabled to places you haven't discovered, right?

Having a horse already has a purpose for me, because it's a faster way to go from point A to point B ... without skipping content.

No, I could not "easily" do what this awesome mod does. Fast Travel is disabled to areas you have never visited and only available while mounted on a horse after you have ridden a certain distance. It's seamless integration into the game's vanilla system, it makes owning a horse have a purpose.

Yes you can. You impose those same rules on yourself. Not wanting to and not being able to are two different things.

Yes you can. You impose those same rules on yourself. Not wanting to and not being able to are two different things.

Then why even mod, lol?

Just like the weight capacity situation: Sure, I could just refrain from carrying over X amount, or I could install a mod that enforces the limitations that I want in my game.

It's entirely too subjective of a topic, but for people who have similar tastes in travel systems will appreciate what this mod does.

Fast Travel is for carriages and horses, seems like a combination that would work well for many players considering how popular the carriage mods are...they want to have a willing suspension of disbelief  to bolster their game experience.

But, again, this is highly subjective and there is absolutely no accounting for taste. (de gustibus non est disputandum -Literally, “It must not be argued about taste.†source)

It can't be tested or graded because it's a matter of individual likes and dislikes.

Well this topic is for potential mods that can go into S.T.E.P. I'm merely arguing against wasting a plug-in spot for something so simple.

Other mods actually add and change things that you can't do yourself. No reason to take up a plug-in spot for something that you can easily impose yourself.

Well this topic is for potential mods that can go into S.T.E.P. I'm merely arguing against wasting a plug-in spot for something so simple.

Other mods actually add and change things that you can't do yourself. No reason to take up a plug-in spot for something that you can easily impose yourself.

Mods have a way getting merge patches for desired functionality.

Also, this forum is bigger than just STEP Core because the STEP philosophy carries over into different mod packs & so forth that cater to different styles of game play as it continually evolves.