Save game script cleaner by Hadoram

rootsrat

Say -

Have any of you guys ever used this tool BEFORE removing mods from a savegame?

I have a level 26 character that I was playing back in April before I shipped out from Windhelm to Thedas, and thence to Novigrad. Now that I'm back I'd like to try picking up the same character but removing a few mods I'd got tired of and updating quite a few other ones. (In particular: Sands of Time, thanks man. You're one cool dude, and I enjoyed it while it lasted. But you're just a little too bonkers for me.)

One way to do that is just to yank all the old stuff, fire up the game in a quiet spot, wait for a while, make a save, exit, run the cleaner on the new save, fire up again, wait some more, exit, check with cleaner. I actually did that, and the savegame looks like its ready to go.

However, the cleaner ALSO offers a list of ACTIVE plugins in which you can do the following:

- Delete selected mod forms

- Delete selected mod scripts

- Delete created forms

- Delete created scripts

I'm wondering whether I should try running some of these options on the plugins I want to remove BEFORE I remove them.

Anyone have any experience here??

I can't seem to find much information on this part of the tool, and most all the google hits I'm getting are from LoversLab. (Mind you, the folks and LL seem to be REALLY good at this kind of stuff, but it's a site I'd prefer not to use just now.)

I used this tool several times and it works flawless. Getting rid of orphan scripts + null references, is the best tool ever made. I tested it some months ago on a savegame which contained a gameplay started since Skyrim v1.4 with 200 hours logged in: cleaned all the cleanable and the savegame was still playable.

I used this tool several times and it works flawless. Getting rid of orphan scripts + null references, is the best tool ever made. I tested it some months ago on a savegame which contained a gameplay started since Skyrim v1.4 with 200 hours logged in: cleaned all the cleanable and the savegame was still playable.

Cool, Manny. And yeah, I think effective savegame cleaners are some of the most impressive developments in Skyrim modding over the last couple years. 

Have you tried using the active plugins feature??

(Kinda sucks to say this, but one of the mods I'm looking at replacing is Lanterns of Skyrim. No problems with it - I just wanted to try out the beta for a brand new edition of Claralux ... )

I've been using this tool too, in a long (very long) playthrough, and trust me, I've done everything wrong:

Started as a Ninheim, mid playthrough became a Custom Breton.

Started with Better Vampires, ended up with vanilla.

Started with Climates of Tamriel, went back to vanilla.

Started with AFT, tried UFO, moved to EFF.

And finally..

Started with Skyre, moved to Ordinator, ended up with vanilla.

Each time I've uninstalled a mod, I'd previously run this tool removing the mod's forms, then I disable the mod, make a new save without the mod, and then I run the tool again to remove the orphan scripts, null refs, etc.

Of course I had to make several console adjustments, but I keep playing the same paythrough without crashes.

Edited by Hackfield

@Hackfield So you had:

- Made a new savegame

- Removed the mod's forms in that savegame

- Uninstalled the mod

- reloaded that savegame in Skyrim

- made a new savegame

- Removed the orphan scripts in that savegame

That should be good steps to do since the author have added the mod's forms removal tool.

• +1 1

@Hackfield So you had:

- Made a new savegame

- Removed the mod's forms in that savegame

- Uninstalled the mod

- reloaded that savegame in Skyrim

- made a new savegame

- Removed the orphan scripts in that savegame

That should be good steps to do since the author have added the mod's forms removal tool.

That's exactly what I do.