TouringCarriages SOS and Many Other Mods Compatibility Patch by UniqueOne

Kuldebar

I really wish when the cart bounced around like that that the people would go flying out of it and the wheels would come off the cart. Maybe Alduin could swoop down and roast everyone. It would look much more dramatic and you're going to need to start over anyways...

Among other things, yes, lol. It's not just for SoS tho apparently.

Hence why it might be getting overlooked as a possible valid fix or approach to a fix. Also if it is altering collision values, it's not readily apparent to the player character. If I had to choose between the prisoner cart flipping around at the start of every new game or an attacking random wolf that lunges, misses and passes through a moving cart (which I don't use moving carts in the game except for the prisoner scene) -I shall take the no crazy cart option.

Took a look. Unhappily, that alters 3 flags, and doesn't work properly!1) this is not an Oblivion scaled object.2) the base is not linked to another rigid body in the nif, rather others are linked to it.3) the base collision flag must be on. This is not a transparent object. This is probably what s/he thinks is an improvement. However, you, your follower, wolves, deer, etc. can all walk through the middle of the carriage! Amusing perhaps, but not immersive....

Unique1:
1 & 2. Your right. Scaled and Linked are probably not required. But they also do not cause any issues.3. Only in rare cases, only from directly behind the model, and only for a short time until they take a swing or a bite at you and fall behind (or under the wheel and die). My saved games have roadkill left all over the game as proof of this. Some of which would not be there without this workaround due to getting stuck on a rock or a tree with the original model.There is good and bad with this workaround.THE BAD:* A creature might run inside the back of the carriage for a moment occasionally. Merely aesthetic.THE GOOD:* Compatibility with possibly many mods (anything that causes carts to flip or act weird).* Decreases chances of TC bugging out and never reaching destination.* Fix has no dependencies - but is obviously pointless without TC.* Replaces no files, and has no scripts, so can be installed/uninstalled without any issues at any time.

Edited by Kuldebar

I just updated Touring Carriages and Covered Carriages today. I haven't tried them as I'm basically updating and collecting for install. But the Covered Carriages has SMIM meshes. If there is a mesh problem perhaps that will be a fix.

If I get these and IA 7.1 installed tonight I'll post if there was a problem in the opening ride.

Maybe I'll even test with Schlongs of Skyrim.

Edited by miran

Already installed:STEP Core ExtendedPack Weather & LightingInstalled on top of those but before the patches in these orders showing if the opening prison cart ride was rolling or good:

--------------------IA  rolling--------------------IATouring Carriages  good--------------------IATouring CarriagesCovered Carriages  good--------------------IATouring CarriagesCovered CarriagesXPMS+SOS+SMS  rolling--------------------IATouring CarriagesCovered CarriagesSchlongs of Skyrim  rolling--------------------IATouring CarriagesCovered CarriagesSchlongs of SkyrimXPMS+SOS+SMS  rolling--------------------IASchlongs of SkyrimXPMS+SOS+SMS  good--------------------IATouring CarriagesCovered CarriagesTouring PatchSchlongs of SkyrimXPMS+SOS+SMS  rolling--------------------Touring Carriages  good--------------------Touring CarriagesCovered Carriages  good--------------------Touring CarriagesCovered CarriagesSchlongs of Skyrim  good--------------------Touring CarriagesCovered CarriagesXPMS+SOS+SMS  good--------------------Touring CarriagesCovered CarriagesSchlongs of SkyrimXPMS+SOS+SMS  good--------------------Schlongs of Skyrim  good--------------------XPMS+SOS+SMS  good--------------------

Schlongs of Skyrim

XPMS+SOS+SMS  good--------------------

I only used the Touring Carriages Patch one time, mostly out of curiosity, and left it out the rest of the time since there is one file and Touring Carriage's file is newer. Did I otherwise miss a combination?For each group:ran BOSSrebuilt Bash Patchrebuilt dual sheath redux patchI tried TES5edit and saw no conflict among the 3 groups (or between any 2 of them).I activated all of them, minus the patch, loaded a save game and had a lovely ride from Markarth to Morthal with not a single problem. It was a very brief test, but the carriage didn't catch or roll in spite of a couple tight turns, several NPCs that had to be bumped, and some hostiles that were run over and died. In fact it tracked better than ever before, no catching on lantern posts or bushes or cairns, no jagged bouncing over walls, no weird horse-vs-carriage fight-for-directional-supremacy turns.Personally I plan to activate IA after exiting the Helgen dungeon since it changes Ulfric's and Rolof's (?) armor and removes the gag. I wish someone would take a proper gag and replace that nasty rag wrapped around Ulfric's head. Besides being dirty, anyone could work that loose. But that's off topic. 

Edited by miran

@miran I'm having trouble grasping  what you are saying, I was tired when I initially read it, but it still is unclear.

Here's what I know: 3 test game starts and 2 real game (with fully 200 modded config) with the mesh file installed: No CRAZY Cart.

Before that, IAv7 = CRAZY KART...

Obviously, if one isn't suffering from such problems, it doesn't matter but it has been a constant issue in modded Skyrim for me until I start using the mesh file.

I  don't like activating IA after the start of a game becuase I've often ended up with naked NPC's running around and have to do a "resetinventory" action on them. that stuff bugs me, because it breaks me out of the game.

Because, what is seen, can not be unseen!

Edited by Kuldebar

@Kuldebar

I was just trying out IA and Touring Carriages and the SOS Body mod to see if I got Crazy Cart. I also like the Covered Carriages mod and if I use SOS-body I use the XPMS+SOS+SMS skeleton. So I tried a bunch of combinations to see what happened.

Each group (between the lines) was added on top of my Core Extended and Pack Weather and Lighting setup and then tried out. The cart ride was either good or rolling. rolling = crazy cart.

There are still more combos I guess but the thing that caught my attention was that adding EITHER the body mod(s) or touring mod(s) after IA fixed the crazy cart. But adding both I got crazy cart back. AND adding both plus the patch did NOT help.

Naked NPCs just make me laugh but the armor and gag changes in the intro carriage ride is bothersome to me. Isn't it odd how different things bother differently? Though I have seen things I'd as soon have missed myself. ;) Perhaps then you would prefer to activate touring carriages later.

With IAv7.1, Ulfric is gagless for me in the intro...but in earlier v7.0 he was still wearing his gag at the Windhelm Palace when I used an alternate start mod, lol. So, I guess I prefer the former to the latter.

I had tried Touring Carriages before, honestly it worked better than I expected but it still left me with the thought, "Ummk,I see why Bethesda left this feature out of the game". The pathing issues and pedestrian mayhem just eats too much immersion away from my gaming. While the driver causally tells you of the local lore, he runs down an old lady carrying home her laundry...heartless.

LOL!!   What does it say about me that I laugh when the NPCs are tossed aside and gasp when a bunny is run over? Of course the old lady gets up again. (rationalizing, rationalizing!)

Pathing is an issue but I blame Bethesda for that. After thousands of years the roads are awful. Barely wide enough for one carriage, how do two deal with sharing the road? Towns and cities do not have room for a carriage to deliver goods - never mind turn around, which is what was done IRL and why towns have those great wide streets at their center. How do they deliver a season's harvest? or furniture? or logs? How does an army march along those narrow, pot-holed roads? It isn't the marching, it is the supplies. For those narrow streets and hilside towns goats and dogs pulled carts. Lots of road and travel improvements are possible. The list is endless so I'll stop.

In MW and OB I wanted carriages. Bethesda made them, and the wheels turn, and the carriage rocks, I am just too, too impressed not to use them.