Image hosting

Octopuss

All readers see this post.

I am about to change my image hosting provider again.

Could anyone recommend me something that can act as simple images storage (to store images without them being visible without direct link), but also has some gallery functionality? Comfortable to use interface (=not Imgur ::D:) reguired!

If you can get used to it sound pretty demotivating ::D: I'll see how it looks, though.

I've just found Flickr. Anyone has any experience with that? Might be a bit of an overkill, plus I see it belongs to Yahoo, which makes me want to run away and don't stop for 1000km.

I might give Flickr a shot. Couldn't find anything with ok interface at all. The gallery functionality seems acceptable. I have no idea about details, but I hope there's a way to have account deleted if I decide it's not what I want.

Now that I think about it, Google has Picasa-something image hosting as well...

I've used Flickr before and it'd probably be my second choice after minus. I haven't used it in a while though so I don't know what they've done with it besides giving the free terabyte and full resolution images. I use Minus.com

Photobucket used to be "tolerable" but now they've gone and done away with all of the useful things... like ability to upload from a non mobile device.

I browsed some galleries on Flickr and it seems like there's no way to copy image's address or display an image in full resolution. Viewing controls are a little bit counter-intuitive as well, because clicking on an image opens the next one, which is something that really pisses me off.

Probably, I haven't messed around with the settings too much, my main concerns are the gallery feature, the no image resolution restrictions (or file type conversion), no bandwidth limit, and being free etc. The not being able to make images private is somewhat annoying but since I mostly upload images for step it's not a biggie for me, now if I stored family photos on the cloud however... Something to look into I suppose.

I'd been doing some feature compares between the various hosts and had pretty much come to a conclusion until I noticed tested.com for an entirely unrelated reason (Adam and Jamie from Mythbusters) and was looking through their painting with a computer demo, as well as tour dates. Then I saw this and it confirmed that mediafire(the runner up) and dropbox (the current best I'd found at the time) and well...

I already have Mediafire account, in fact I've had it for maybe two years, but I don't use it muich. Unfortunately, it lacks the gallery feature.

Minus looks fine, but I absolutely need the private feature. I'll read the article you posted. There has to be some wisdom in it.

Ew, what the...

I tried to create account at Minus, and after clicking "Create account" I was presented with some hello kitty Meow sh**. There is a huge picture resembling a phone on the right, and 3 links on left: Apps store, Google play, Download press kit. WTF is this?