Ethereal Auroras by Gamwich

rootsrat

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/51869

A nice addition to Vibrant Auroras (currently in STEP if I'm not imstaken). While VA changed the meshes, this mod changes the textures. They work nice together.

This mod is

doubling the dimensions and increasing the detail and variation. Since the original textures were small, there should be little performance impact of these new textures. They are still only 700 KB each in size. Therefore, this mod should be usable on anyone's setup.

For some reason I can't seem to post images from steam so here it goes:

Link 1

Link 2

Link 3

Link 4 (Been using the aquamarine galaxy from Enhanced Night Skyrim, been meaning to try out Lorkhan's Vision)

Probably a vanilla feature but they change colour softly which is very nice really. Looks great imo.

P.S.: Done with Vibrant Auroras and Phinix Natural ENB.

So I played around with this tonight.  I compared with/without Vibrant Aurora, with/without EA and with/without ENB (realvision B) and all permutations thereof.

My conclusion was that I don't like Vibrant aurora with ENB in any mode, its just too much and you can see too many lines in the details..

As far as EA goes, well its definitely an improvement over the vanilla texture..  Its just more subtle and elegant (don't know how to describe it).  With ENB, its still great, but its obviously not as optimized as with the vanilla texture, so the end result is a side grade.

I'll definitely keep it in my load order for awhile, but i'm not sure it really makes much of a difference for ENB users (although if you don't then I highly recommend it).

• 2 years later...

Anyone seen or looked at this recently?  Just installed, its not overwriting anything so I don't think STEP is covering Auroras currently (though I have a lot more than STEP going on, and have removed/edited some mods from STEP).  Anyway it looks great and will be staying in my build for sure.  As a sidenote, while I'm not sure they qualify for STEP, I also downloaded and installed Ethereal Cosmos, Gamwich's night sky replacer and I will never take it out.  I'm sure for some tastes the galaxies are a bit overdone but I absolutely love them.

*oh and I can confirm that they look real purty with ENB.  I'm using Organic ENBv2 with Vivid Weathers, ELFX/ELE/RS and my night sky is just about knocking my socks off right now.

Edited by baronaatista