how to put mod files temporarily in Skyrim folder through mod organizer?

Yanazake

Question

That's basically it. I'm still trying to figure out how the game can read things outside its folder, but witchery isn't my best area of work, and i already deal with enough skyrim witchery.

Basically, i've been dealing a lot with bashed patches, skyproc patchers, and mod creation/edition lately. I see that MO has support to launch the CK... But what about wrye bash, what about stuff like lootification, and TES5edit? Not counting dynamic file modifications, but i guess these are handled by the "overwrite" option. How can i take advantage of that? Is there a way for it to directly install files on the game's folders?

I like some functionalities on it, but might go back to using NMM+wrye bash if i can't handle my mods inner works somehow.

5 answers to this question

If an app saves a file from MOs virtual file system (ie an app you launched from MO), the file ends up in the overwrite file. You can move it where you like manually after that.

This is how you work with Wrye Bash and TES5Edit currently.

Hmm, so basically i need to make MO run new programs? I tried checking the program list, but no luck. Do i need to directly install the programs trough it? Like, do i have to install these AGAIN? This is starting to turn into a bigger headache than i had anticipated... =____=''

I can see how i could benefit from that, keeping things organized and stuff... but damn it is annoying.

Edited by Yanazake

Man, thanks this seems to be it. I did get to that window, but damn, the add button was hidden, how could i barely imagine that? It's not normal T_T MO isn't one bit intuitive, but i guess i can hustle my way through it now.

It's actually very easy to learn when you start modding using it but most blindly follow Nexus / Gopher and use NMM first. The worst manager, Wrye Bash is much more difficult to learn but a better manager than NMM.

Having learnt how they do things, you must unlearn the bad habits they teach.

Isolating each mod is the future and when NMM finally does it Mods will be made to use the system.

That will make things better.

Mod Organizer is not perfect but just the elimination of install order requirements alone is a must have system.

Game Breaking Reinstall needed, easy new profile tick same already installed Mods and you're done.

1 Hour job in NMM is 1 Minute job in Mod Organizer !!!

Make a Profile copy and It's a 1 Second job.

Changing install order in NMM is uninstall all Mods between the 2 you actually swap and then reinstall all of them.

Such a hassle no one bothers to try.

Same task in Mod Organizer.

Just Drag and Drop the 2 files.

So easy that install order is never an issue.

Mod Organizer even tells you when the load order requires such a change and a change in load order can change the priority needed.

So good is it that it's NMM that's copying Mod Organizer (when they get it working in the bloated "Jack of All Mods that's Master of None". What fear of Steam Workshop dominance has produced, it may happen but not with Skyrimand only then if it's forced on us.

Wrye Bash was called Wrye Smash and Skyrim's version until Steam Workshop appeared and they also jerked their knees in reaction. Only Mod Organizer focussed on Skyrim and not Steam.

That it improved for Skyrim Modding while they jerked knees is why it's STEP's goto manager.

It's Simply the Best Skyrim Mod Manager.