Unable to post links

EssArrBee

Question

I remembered Firefox from a workaround to let me read my purchased itunes books on my pc (itunes forced me to use my phone & I didn't have a tablet back then). The firefox installer let me import all my IE bookmarks, etc so seamless transition in about a minute.

& Firefox made me a master of ninjutsu? Mozilla FTW!

Edited by redirishlord

Yep, can confirm the fix works on IE 11.0.9600 as well.

I'm noticing however that on IE, the background of the forums doesn't behave properly with the page, it tries to scroll when it's supposed to be set to fixed... Tried to find a solution but it's apparently a bug that exists in IE since version 9. Somehow the fact that they haven't fixed it yet doesn't surprise me.

Is three some way to stop the automatic merging of consecutive posts in a thread from the same person? I want to have this happen sometimes to merge responses when I'm quoting different posts, but most of the time I don't. I don't see anywhere on the main page where there is a "how to use this forum" help page that might explain how to stop this.

I use Chrome but I'm not a diehard Chrome user, but I do dislike IE.

These were two separate posts, by the way

If you post two messages consecutively in a too short of a timeframe (I think 5 minutes is the default), it'll merge then to avoid cluttering threads with double posts, but people will still get a new post warning if that happens.

It's a global feature too, so it's not possible to stop it except by disabling it altogether or decreasing the timeframe...