EBD - EveryBodys Different Redone by MongoMonk

rootsrat

Outstanding! Thank you, I totally missed that.

I did get EBD to successfully patch, just without enabling faces & body textures. At least I got my take on MW/Oblivion heights input & saved.

>>> yup, checked the box, used SUM to up memory allocated to 1gb, problem solved / patch created with all body/face mesh/texture options. very excited.

Edited by redirishlord

I've had a look at this in action wit a new game starting in Whiterun, really like what I'm seeing. This has replaced both Feminine Females (which is a matter of choice as the reverse gender animations seem to have been a design choice, but with EBD I can always run the patcher again & reset to manly housecarls) and Height Adjusted Races (I'm a fan of the Morrowind/Oblivion race heights rather than the Skyrim, this allowed me set ranges based on the MW values with an offset for slightly shorter females, I also set the Khajiit to range from the little Bosmer to the towering Altmer in height & even though its not a proper Ohmes/Suthay/Cathay depiction I'm enjoying it). I've also got several texture packs in the mix but haven't got a solid impression on that aspect yet.

tl;dr

Lot's of potential, works great, Endorsed.

Tried to use this earlier today, but it never showed up in SUM... am I missing something really simple to make it show up? AV and DSR are showing up without anything special, so I thought this would too... but...

EDIT: SO yeah... fixed. Man, that whole JAVA 8 thing threw me for a loop. Why on earth would you tell Java to update, and it gives you a new version of 7 instead of even telling you that 8 exists? Oracle, you have failed me. TLDR; it's fixed, and I'm evaluating this now.

Edited by Shadriss

I found the MW & Oblivion values on UESP (Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages), which is a great resource. I more or less averaged MW/OB/SR base height (ie. Imperial = 1.00 or 100 in EBD height tab) and then went with a six point range for each race and a 3 point female offset (why 6 & 3? 'cause I liked it). What this boiled down to in the EBD patcher;

Female offset: -3 (should be reversed for Bosmer and non-existent for the other mer, etc ...but it is what it is)

Breton & Elder: 95 min / 101 max

Nord: 102 min / 107 max & Orc: 103 min / 108 max

Dunmer & Imperial: 97 min / 103 max

Argonian & Redguard: 99 min / 105 max

Altmer: 107 min / 113 max

Bosmer: 90 min / 96 max (Out of the way, Peck!)

Khajiit: 90 min / 113 max (trying to cover Ohmes/Suthay/Cathay & ""-raht breeds)

Is this canon? I doubt it. But it does appeal to me by adding variety and giving at least a vague nod to the TES lore. Play around with values and see what you think. Word of caution, you may want to check the "disable unique npcs" box, unless you're okay with Skjor looking like Fabio with ApachiiHair (which is awesome, but not always for guys. I'm just saying sometimes less is more, not judging). Also, you can re-run the patcher during a play through but it likely won't affect characters you've already met (if you enable "spells" in the patcher you can select a "change look" spell in game to fix the aforementioned Skjor issue, I did).

• +1 1

There is a page full of texture packs (search everybody's different on nexus, it there might be a link on the EBD redone page), Argonian/female/male options (no Khajiit unfortunately, but broad size range kinda makes up for that). You can use the file structure from those to make your own custom pack.

• 1 year later...