Mod Install Order vs.Quest mods

sgensemer42

Question

I see in NeoValen's SR pack page that Faalskar and Wyrmstooth are installed pretty much first.

1) Can This One assume that you install all mods in the order listed on that page?

2) Is this the recommended way to install most all quest mods? At the beginning? Typically I have installed additional quest mods between 2.G and 2.H in the STEP process...

3) I.E. - Why did you place them where you did?

Thanks for a GREAT job with SR. I have used it as an enhancement to my STEP installs. Fills in a LOT of gaps.

4 answers to this question

I see in NeoValen's SR pack page that Faalskar and Wyrmstooth are installed pretty much first.1) Can This One assume that you install all mods in the order listed on that page?

Yes.

2) Is this the recommended way to install most all quest mods? At the beginning? Typically I have installed additional quest mods between 2.G and 2.H in the STEP process...

Well, that's what I would personally recommend and am doing.

3) I.E. - Why did you place them where you did?

Well in SR:LE's case, If you were to install WT and Falskaar at the end, you wouldn't get the improved SkyMills and SkyFalls files, unless you use the loose files version of Skyfalls and the bsa version of the 2 quest mods.Other quest mods tend to modify files they're not supposed to, for example a couple of ThirteenOranges' mods overwrite default weapon meshes...

Falskaar and Wrymstooth are more than just quests and are new world spaces entirely. More expansion than mod. That's why they are placed there in SR:LE. You'll note later in the guide vanilla quest mods have their own area.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

OK. That all makes sense. Thank you both. I guess others that are similar, like "Into the Deep - Atlantis" would be the same. Put them early so that game enhancements, texture replacers, etc would be applied to them.

Would you apply the same logic to player home mods that add new homes?

Incidentally, Thane, I like your avatar. My works days can be like that... :O_o: