CTD : Approaching south of Riften

Malouz

Question

Hi everyone.

I'm experiencing some CTD when approaching the region south of Riften.

The first time i went there, I've been able to play for a while, until I cleared the "Lost Tongue Overlook".

Until that moment, I could fast travel everywhere without problem except this area.

I'm using STEP Extended (done properly with MO/BOSS/Wrye/FNIS/Dual Redux) and some mods from GEMS. and SKSE 1.7

I could gave you all you needed if asked (inis, load order, etc).

If you could help me or guide me through resolving this problem please don't hesistate.

Thanks.

Malouz.

Ps: No english native so my excuse for the mistakes.

Edited by Malouz

10 answers to this question

I have tried many things since.

- Remove any non-STEP Extended mods and a clean save ... same result, CTD.

- Remove any non-STEP Extended mods and a new character .. No problem.

- With STEP Extended mods and others and a  new character .. No problem.

Do I have to understand that my saves are corrupted?

And for the record, I'm using STEP 2.2.8 Extended + ENBoost + SKSE 1.7.

Used with MO, Wrye Bash, BOSS (with user rules), FNIS and Dual Redux

Edited by Malouz

No one can help me?

I've tried many things I am seriously lacking ideas to make things work... :confused:

Edit : Join the Papyrus.0.log while working on it if that could help.

Edited by Malouz

Hi Rootsrat.

Thanks for the answer.

So I've tried this option too but without results.

But there is a "plus", each time I'll fast travel in this area (lost tongue or the mill North-East of the overlook) my character spwan with skeleton parts under his feet.

(Yes I know what you're thinking ... WT.?!?!)

What scares me is that I was able to go there, play for a while (like an hour) and after clearing Lost Tongue, bye bye and welcome to the desktop. ;)

So i'm pretty sure that my save is dead.

I can't say I know what's causing your problem, but here's all I can tell you: The Unofficial - Skyrim Misc Patches Collection is not condoned by the Unofficial Skyrim Patches team, so I would tend to stay away from it, just to be on the safe side (Also, . And Unique Region Names isn't compatible with Hearthfires, according to the author. Plus it tends not to be compatible with a lot of mods.See the last few posts of this thread to know why you shouldn't be using it unless you know how to patch it manually.EDIT: Also, you can have a look at this page for details about SMPC.

Edited by CJ2311

Hey CJ2311.

Well your arguments have been fully read, understood and mods have been fired.

And I don't care if doesn't solve this problem because you help me another way.

Another (unrelated stupid?) question, when installing GEMS mods, I've used TES5Edit to clean them, but ... do I have to do it for the STEP Core mods?

Exemple :

• Dragonborn.esm Active
    • Contains dirty edits: 61 ITM, 8 UDR records. Needs TES5Edit cleaning. A cleaning guide is available here.
  • Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp Active
    • Bash Tag suggestion(s): {{BASH: Delev}

Great!!

I wasn't doing anything tomorrow!!

No I'll have a fully scheduled day diving deeper into TES5Edit.

:DDDD

Jokes apart, I'm pretty surprised that this part is not avaiblable in a STEP wiki because it's not an easy one, at least to dive in.

But I won't blame anyone because this STEP thing is such a diamond for "only users" like me.

If I'm confident enough after doing it for myself PROPERLY, I'm gonna offer my help to the STEP team writing this part if interested.

Again thanks for your answers.

Edited by Malouz

There is a good mod cleaning video guide by Gopher (just google it). Step by step guide how to clean vanilla masters is also part of Neovalen's Skyrim Revisited: Legendary Edition guide (here on STEP).

It's not that hard in fact, once you do it couple of times it becomes very easy, as it's the same repeatable steps for each mod you clean. Making patches with TES5EDIT is where the steep learning curve begins :)

I'm a regular (let's face it) stalker of Gopher's videos so I've already learned the basis from there.

But as you wrote, this part freaks me a little : "Making patches with TES5EDIT" but If I want all (non VEGA) Packs at once ... :wallbash: ::D:

And for Neovalen's guide, he destroyed any lack of confidence I had starting with his NOTICE. :teehee: