ENBoost and RCRN

Crimson13

Question

Since I use RCRN it uses it's own d3d9.dll where you can change it like so via here (Look to 'Can I use ENB with RCRN?'): https://www.rcrncommunity.com/support

What I'm asking is that since I don't an ENB, just ENBoost, if I change RCRN's d3d9.dll to RCRN_d3d9.dll and do the changes in the RCRN support page if that's going to mess up ENBoost somehow. Or will it be fine if I follow the directions the RCRN support page has down?

Edit: Ack, the new layout of the site threw me off. This topic would probably fit better into ENB Support wouldn't it?

6 answers to this question

Nope - ENBoost will work fine with the RCRN_d3d9.dll "proxy chained" in the enblocal.ini.

I've got RCRN + ENBoost, and everything works fine.

You'll know both are working because you'll see the ENB text in the Skyrim menu when you've just started the game, and pressing the pause key will toggle the RCRN post-processing shaders.

• +1 1

I've decided to try RCRN with ENBoost but I'm having a bit of a problem here. You say ENBoost is supposed to handle RCRN via the proxy method. When I run the RCRN installer, I get the menu prompting me to either let the wizard handle things, overwrite, or configure the proxy. But when I choose the proxy option, the installer just quits without going any further.

Add in their .dll manually in your enblocal.ini file and you should be golden. I am fairly certain that RCRN have this in their faq on their website.. might remember wrong.. it has been a while since I went there. But their documentation is in general very good and easy to follow. 

They do have a FAQ but it just doesn't seem to adress ENBoost specifically. I googled the issue and this is where I ended up :)

It just seems odd to me that the proxy option just stops it and doesn't install any of the RCRN files. Am I just meant to use the overwrite option then, and not the automated wizard?