What FPS should I be aiming for?

Im struggling with low fps with SR:LE. Have installed around 30 mods.

I have like 40 fps just standing still looking out on the landscape just exiting the start cave connected to helgen.

I have gtx 980 x2 in sli, i7-4790@4,7ghz, 16 gram, win 7 64 bit @1440.

40 fps with this setup feel like crap so I wonder if this is what i can expect or if something is serious wrong?

Any thoughts or ideas what that can be wrong?

Edited by xxx78

Im struggling with low fps with SR:LE. Have installed around 30 mods.

I have like 40 fps just standing still looking out on the landscape just exiting the start cave connected to helgen.

I have gtx 980 x2 in sli, i7-4790@4,7ghz, 16 gram, win 7 64 bit @1440.

40 fps with this setup feel like crap so I wonder if this is what i can expect or if something is serious wrong?

Any thoughts or ideas what that can be wrong?

Unfortunately Skyrim is not the most well written engine. I personally have a single 980 and before that I had 970 SLI, there is no hardware that will get 60fps in all places.

Interiors you should get a smooth 60fps at all times, exteriors with your setup should expect 40+ at all times. If you get some stutter adjust your enb reserved memory size to minimize it for your system.

ok thanks. That dont sound promising. Before I used gtx 470 x 2 in sli and I had like 45+ fps outside with STEP core+extended. Now with 2 x 980gtx I cant expect much more?

It cost me 1200 euro and I bought it just for this game, that is horrible. I expected to have 60+ fps everywhere with SR:LE installed :((((((((((((((((((((((((((

Is sli defect in for gtx 980 in this game? In most games it should increase fps with 80-95% when running sli. Anyone running 2 x gtx 980?

Edited by xxx78

Well, I imagine it was no enb with your old setup. So you get that benefit, you'll also be able to use high level textures without issue. So still a plus side just not 60 fps outside.

2x980 will kick the living crap out of all modern games out there, but Skyrim is limited by its engine, sadly.