Beginner with numerous questions

MrSvinlesha

Question

Howdy!

I'm an old hand at installing mods but a complete beginner when it comes to both S.T.E.P. and Mod Organizer.  I have a large number of general questions I'm hoping someone might be able to help me with.  I'll start off with a two or three and then return with more as we go along, so as not to overwhelm the thread.  Any other beginners with questions are welcome to hop in and ask here as well!

1) I'm in the process of installing of installing S.T.E.P Core -- or is it S.T.E.P 2.2.8?  the nomenclature's a bit confusing to me -- but I intend to use Frostfall, Realistic Needs, Hunterborn, etc.  There's another S.T.E.P. pack that's explicitly designed around these mods (Immersion and Survival, I believe).  Should I install S.T.E.P. Core first, and then add the Immersion Pack?  Or should I just install the Immersion pack alone?

2) I ask this because I'm in the process right now of installing dual-sheath redux following S.T.E.P. Core, and the specific instructions regarding the support mod XP32 Maximum Skeleton say that the settings for that mod are specific to using Cold and Rain, and not to Frostfall.  There's no link to any instructions concerning how to configure the XP32 mod if you are using Frostfall.  So -- what options should I select if I am going to use Frostfall?

4) I've downloaded and installed Dual-Redux and then some of the patches, but the patches are red print with a little warning star that says "installed version 2014-02-23, newest version 1.6 beta"?

3) Why does S.T.E.P. have such a strict download/install order if BOSS is just going to restructure everything afterwards?

• Answers 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I found a different method -- I figured some other textures were interfering with the mod further down in the load order, so I moved it to as the last texture to load. There was no rescuing the the game that crashed, but I was able to load a somewhat earlier save and continue with the same character -- so, no harm, no foul.

I still wonder how to uninstall a mod with MO, though, just in general.