iNeed - Food Water and Sleep by isoku

CJ2311

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/51473/

Looks like a very nice alternative to RND, this mod has more features (like a widget to display your current needs and followers/horses needs) and has Wet & Cold integration...

A streamlined approach to needs. This mod follows the in-game timescale so by default you should only feel the need to eat and drink 2-3 times a day and sleep once per day provided that you are consuming full meals and getting at least 7 hours of sleep. There are no numbers to be concerned with. Just use a little common sense, follow a schedule and you should hopefully find that the features here are intuitive and have been well integrated into the world. For your convenience, all information here and more in-depth information regarding how the mod works can be found in the MCM.

Tough choice - RND is great but isoku is a master at immersion. I have so many RND patches and like what it does to food (no longer cheap healing potions) and I have so many patches for it, but needing to tend to my followers and horses needs has been a big desire of mine for quite a while. Choices, choices....

Tough choice - RND is great but isoku is a master at immersion. I have so many RND patches and like what it does to food (no longer cheap healing potions) and I have so many patches for it' date=' but needing to tend to my followers and horses needs has been a big desire of mine for quite a while. Choices, choices....[/quote']

Apparently you can have both.

Oh boy, isoku has done a needs mod... Has anyone done a review RND vs iNeed?

The widget has been something that has been lacking in RND (I believe it is something like Frostfall?) and follower/horse integration is very nice... The only thing (for me) that is missing is werebeast/vampire integration

Oh boy, isoku has done a needs mod... Has anyone done a review RND vs iNeed?

The widget has been something that has been lacking in RND (I believe it is something like Frostfall?) and follower/horse integration is very nice... The only thing (for me) that is missing is werebeast/vampire integration

Werewolves and Vampires

Vampires will not need food or water and will fatigue much less slowly. However, they will also recover that much more slowly when sleeping. Werewolves receive temporary immunity to hunger, thirst and fatigue while in beast form but will feel more fatigued after reverting back.

The thing missing for me is raw food = disease chance, unless it's just not included in the description. Might give it up anyways simply for the follower/horse integration.

Anyone tried these features with a follower mod? I won't have time to test for another couple of days probably.

From what I garner the intent I suppose is to be even more simple than RND is (which I also feel isn't complex).

Some possible pros

- So far it looks like it is more compatible and will need less patches than RND (no direct edits, draws from timescale, ect)

- The widgets are nice

- followers and horses accounted for? sweet!

compared to RND

- diseases? RND didn't just give diseases based on certain food but it revamped diseases in general, something I think no one thinks much about =p

- less incentive to cook (raw vs cooked)

- I didn't see an option to refill water skins in bodies of water, probably a mute point though

- no food spoilage option, no chance of death, no getting drunk?

just what I noticed based on description. sure video reviews will be up soon. It's Isoku so I know it's a solid mod, but I think it's meant for people who want the bare bones of a needs based mod.

Edit: from Isoku's comments

"There are negative effects from eating raw food--nothing to do with diseases though. I left out this information because I didn't feel it was important. You shouldn't be eating raw meat anyways. Regarding diseases and food effects, altering those would upset the simplicity of this mod and require me to create and manage several different patches. My target audience is not the RND user. I'm targeting those who find the needs mods currently out there too much of a hassle to use and maintain. This mod is plug and play and straightforward--there won't be any patches or crouching or cluttered crafting lists to deal with."

Hopefully the "competition" will spur Perseid to add follower support to RND.

(I really want followers to be more of a burden - at least demanding food if not payment or a share of the loot. I like the idea of the PC regulating the size of his entourage by financial/logistic considerations rather than just game mechanics or as sense of self limiting by the player trying to stop it from being too easy.)

Liked the widget idea too.

While I was excited about horses, when it looked closer I saw it was just a buff for feeding them but no debug if they weren't fed so won't really have much of an effect in game.