Glossy Wall Texture

zekafonss

Question

Hi guys.

This is my first post here so I'd like to thank everyone who has contributed to this superb project. My Skyrim would never be as enjoyable as it is without your invaluable help.

Now let's move on to my "issue". I've found this terrible looking glossy wall texture and I'm wondering if I'm the only one experiencing it. (See the attachment)

By looking at the corresponding mesh, I found out the said texture is located in "textures\dungeons\riften\RatwayWall01.dds"

I have all the STEP core mods installed and most of the optional ones as well and apparently the only mod I could find that replaces it is Skyrim Realistic Overhaul. I've tried to find another replacer on the nexus, but to no avail.

Is the gloss supposed to look this bad? Is there something I can do to fix it?

Just for the record, I'm using ENB with all the graphic enhancements are turned off.

Thank again. :)

post-3925-13934818542447_thumb.jpg

5 answers to this question

Did you try overwriting with the original non-optimal 2Kx2K texture to see if it also has this gloss?

Didn't try that. I'm actually a little uncertain to which exact texture mod I was using last time I saw that wall but as Aiyen stated, this glossiness seems to appear in quite a lot of places. At least where the lighting conditions are in a specific way like OP. I can try to find it again, but it'll take a while as I have some intense school work to be done until wednesday.