ENBoost detects wrong graphics adapter

agentsmith

Question

I was working through STEP 2.c to install ENBoost according to this page: https://wiki.step-project.com/ENBoost#Recommendations

After extracting the files and setting the ini prefs, I started Skyrim and the ENBoost message in the top left of the screen showed by HD Graphics adapter. I quit, opened the Launcher, and the Integrated HD Graphics Adapter was the only option available.

After doing some google searching, I found a thread mentioning that the injector dll for ENBoost can cause this problem, so I removed it and the ini files. Upon starting the launcher again, Skyrim effortlessly detected my (puny) NVidia GeForce GT 520M adapter.

The forum thread I was reading mentioned that the injection installation of ENB would work better for this than the wrapper. Not having read all the docs on ENB yet (sorry), I wondered if anybody on the forums here had seen this kind of behavior before and/or knew what might the appropriate way to fix it.

Several people have said that it'll still say Intel Graphics though. That's why I would like to double-check in the manner EssArrBee has suggested.

Nevermind, I figured it out :)

FYI, in case anyone is interested:

Search Results
      1. Click Start and then Control Panel. Select Classic View from the left side of the window.
      2. Double-click NVIDIA Control Panel.
      3. Click View and next Display GPU Activity Icon in Notification Area.
      4. Click the new icon in the notification area. A pop-up will show applications using the NVIDIA graphics.

You need the Optimus fix from the nexus. ENBoost may still say it is the wrong the adapter, but it will use your discrete GPU instead of the integrated one.

Worked for me!