Glyphic Enchantment Effect by AwkwardPsyche

Kuldebar

Glyphic Enchantment Effect by AwkwardPsyche

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/21745/?

I've been using this, the Daedric option, but there's other interesting choices, I might switch to Esoteric, the installer has previews during installation:

- Intro -

I always pictured the glowing enchantment effect to be more of a magical inscription on the weapon rather than the enveloping glow as depicted in the game. Myopic's Enchantment Effect Replacer inspired me to mess around with the enchantment texture, and the results turned out surprisingly well.

- Description -

Version 2 contains styles in five separate alphabets found in TES lore:

Daedric

Dragon

Dwemer (or dwarven)

Falmer (or snow elven)

An esoteric alphabet identified by the game's files as "mage script"; it shows up in weird books like the Oghma Infinium

Each style has replacers for the weapon enchantment texture, which (like it says on the tin) shows up on any enchanted weapon. In addition, each one also has replacers for the body 'enchantment' texture, which most apparently shows up with the mage armour spells (Oakflesh, Stoneflesh, etc). This second texture is shared by several magical effects and will affect other spells, such as Frost Cloak (check the images section for an example).

This mod is simple and compatible with any mods EXCEPT those that also replace the same textures.

Now, you may be thinking "But why didn't you just make a mod that tells X effect to use Y textures so it doesn't change other effects?" 'Cause I didn't consider that 'til I saw the interference the body textures had. I also don't know how to make such a mod, yet. Once I figure it out, I'll release a separate mod for that.

No esp! No reason not to try and the mod isn't glitzy or obtrusive.

This does look very nice. I like the whole vibe connecting magic to words written in arcane languages. It seems more immersive than just magic glows or auras.

I haven't downloaded it yet - as I understand it it's just texture replacers. Do they interfere with weapon, armor or body mods?

EDIT - Looks like it's just 2 meshes. The darkswirls.dds is also replaced by Ultimate HD Fire Effects. Enchflameproject01.dds is only currently modified by vanilla and HRDLC (at least on my setup).

This is indeed a very nice replacer.

IMHO darkswirls is probably more important to retain from Ultimate HD Fire Effects, it's only used by one or two of the less common enchantments, and they will of course utilize whatever higher-res texture UHFE provides (which is probably much better optimized for 3d fire FX). The vast majority of enchantments use Enchflameproject01 as their base texture.

Nice find, by the way!

IMHO darkswirls is probably more important to retain from Ultimate HD Fire Effects, it's only used by one or two of the less common enchantments, and they will of course utilize whatever higher-res texture UHFE provides (which is probably much better optimized for 3d fire FX). The vast majority of enchantments use Enchflameproject01 as their base texture.

Thanks - very helpful to know.