Borderless Window Mode vs. Full Screen with ENBoost -- 2x Loading Screen Time

diznanl

Question

Hello,

Is anyone else expriencing 2x loading times with borderless full screen vs. regular full screen mode with ENBoost?  ENBoost seems to solve all CTD issues, in conjunction with Bashed Patch + Merge Patch + SSME.  However, when using windowed mode, I load times are 2x what they are with full screen mode.

Hoping I'm not the only one out here with the issue or if others can provide workarounds/solutions.

Thanks,

diznanl

5 answers to this question

Hmm... odd. What speed are your HDDs spindle's running at out of curiousity? As for why the load times are increased I suppose it could be that it's sharing priority with Aero or something and that's loading it up more than normal. I don't know, then again I only see one load screen and that's the 5-10 second one that appears after I load my save file.

@phazer11

Thanks... I believe the HDD I'm on is 7200RPM and has between 10-12 ms delay... But don't quote me. Is that the spindle you're referring to? Also, by loading screen, I mean any time I switch locations or fast travel with my character. Especially if the fast travel is to an outdoor/world location, the loading screen can last up to 1:20. When in FS mode, load time is generally half that at 0:37s.

I discovered this issue in the thread below and the solution to switch to FS from BW. Certainly not trying to spam this forum w/duplicate threads, but I thought I'd start a new thread with this very specific question. It's hard for me to believe that I'm the only one that is experiencing this.

https://forum.step-project.com/showthread.php?tid=4937

@phazer11

[WINDOW]

ForceBorderless=true

ForceBorderlessFullscreen=true

I've actually resolved the issue and am going to post a "Guide" of the experience and settings I used. Part of the solution was presented in your previous post regarding turning off Aero when starting TESV.exe. I also moved Skyrim to my SSD.

Load times are now 10-20 seconds max.

Thanks again for your help!