Automated Installation and Packs?

Maybe I'm looking in the wrong location(s) though it seems that discussions to automate STEP & Pack installation have generally died out.  Having just literally spent days getting STEP up and running from a vanilla install I see no higher calling than getting this automated.

Is any work being done to automate via MO?

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Same here, spent 3 nights, total of about 15 hours following STEP core, twice I failed and re-started, third time lucky, but only to discover I need a brand new PC to cope with it all. I wish there was an automated install, too!

• 1 month later...

Same here, spent 3 nights, total of about 15 hours following STEP core, twice I failed and re-started, third time lucky, but only to discover I need a brand new PC to cope with it all. I wish there was an automated install, too!

This should not happen. Even with a low rig STEP has been designed to have minimal if not zero affect on the performance. That's been one of the terms in building STEP Core.In regards to doing an automated install I would love that. Sometimes I have uninstalled MO and going through STEP again is a royal pain. It could either be done by STEP going to the developers of the mods and requesting permission to package all the mods and build a FOMOD, or making a system like TPC where we can drop the mods into a specified folder and then the program would auto combine the mods and generate a mass mod file that we can install into MO. Either way I would really love if STEP did this. The later would be best, then for packs we could have an instruction on building a script for the program and allowing the packs to be merged the same way. This would really help packs like REGS which has quite a few small things that you need to pay attention to.

So I dug around SMC a bit and it can definitely be done. Should have started by reading the FAQ on it, doh', but all that needs to be done is add the mods onto the settings.ini and then build a LST file for what files from the mod need to be grabbed and where they go into the new combined version. I've posted a new topic for this so I can edit as things get updated here. Thanks Barvis for reminding us all of this!