Better Dwemer Spider Textures (by Naitrii)

egocarib

Actually, the player already is given the ability to construct these objects in the Dawnguard DLC at the Aetherial Forge. You craft a staff that allows you to create these little spiders and spheres. None to create the big boys, however.

IIRC a previous emperor made (re-)creating a big boy his pet project, but that is another story.

Has anyone given this a look? https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/35895/?

I like the screenshots, may test it in game at some point. Thanks to you guys being all down on Langleys Dwemer textures I am now on another mission to find something better.

Although this mod looks very nice indeed, it's not Lore friendly for any purest out there or for STEP:Core.

Lore:

"The Dwemer also had extensive knowledge on mining, extracting and smelting the ore they found, as well as incorporating the smelted metal into their weapons, armor, tools, devices and other crafts. Because of this, they were able to create their own distinctive form of metal which was easily mistaken for bronze. Since their disappearance, no other race had been able to successfully replicate the process that was used to create dwarven metal. The only known method that had been successful so far, was to melt down existing dwarven metallic scraps and start over from there."

-source

Lore would suggest that the Dwemer's metal is suppose to look similar to bronze. I was hoping I wouldn't find anything that suggested this, because I quite like the screenshots from that overhaul.

Well if the requirement for STEP core is only a bronze like look then perhaps something will come up... bronze does span quite a range in terms of color and general visuals. Going from the smooth orange color theme down to almost a faded green... depending on how it is treated. 

Since I am working with metal tones atm. I have found a few nice ressources. 

https://www.uhlfeldergoldleaf.com/Bronze&Alum.htm

This shows just how diverse the color from bronze can be in real life. And since we have fancy killer robots and techno magical constructs then I doubt we would need to go into another debate about what would be possible! ;) 

Also when you do check the Official textures then most of those colors are used at various parts of the in varying degrees of intensity. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

This texture looks pretty nice, but I do agree that it would be a lot nicer if it touched everything dwemer metal... would be odd to have consistency with everything else and then this spider.

I agree. We need a whole dwemer overhaul, not pieces here and there. I still want to check these out in-game though and in their natural environment. I'm completely ignoring the shots outside Riverwood. These things aren't found in such an environment.