.esp question in Mod Organizer...HighRes Packs

thenannymoh

Question

Love STEP...been using since day 1.  I have the mother of all stoopid questions.

Using Mod Organizer v1.1.1, in my list of checked .esp boxes, the HighResRexturePack01.esp (and 02,03) and the Unofficial High Resolution Patch.esp are NOT checked as I work through this process.

Are they supposed to remain unchecked, or should I do it manually?  

Maybe relevant info:

- i7cpu; 16gb RAM; 590gtx 3gb

- Mod Organizer, Wrye Bash

- baseline step 

Thanks for all your work!!

6 answers to this question

They're dummy files, so they don't need to be checked. In fact if you check them, you'll get a small icon saying that they're useless.

Just make sure you check the corresponding .bsa archives (in the second tab of MO) if you haven't set MO to unpack all BSA archives :)

You shouldn't set it to unpack all BSAs, you should extract them on a mod by mod basis when you install the mod. If you want to extract them after install, them do so by right clicking the BSA in the archive tab. In the plugin tab if you have a broom symbol next to an active plugin then it is a dummy plugin and the BSA can be extracted and the plugin can be discarded.

You shouldn't set it to unpack all BSAs' date=' you should extract them on a mod by mod basis when you install the mod. If you want to extract them after install, them do so by right clicking the BSA in the archive tab. In the plugin tab if you have a broom symbol next to an active plugin then it is a dummy plugin and the BSA can be extracted and the plugin can be discarded.[/quote']

Ok, thanks got it. I'm still new to MO but I do remember telling MO to do that by default for each archive that contained a BSA now.

Was afraid I had missed something.