WEBS extended (by ramccoid)

ramccoid

I've replaced the patch with a ELFXEnhancer replacer. It appears to be a lot more stable than the patch was, in fact I haven't come across any issues in all the areas I've tested with it but who knows there might be some somewhere, that's why I've released it as a BETA.

It is a highly customised ELFXEnhancer ESP (credits to anamorfus) which makes webs now visible and without the black colouring. It's not perfect in some places (what lighting mod is?) but it is a good compromise and the webs are visible, at least.

I've even tested it with the latest version of RLO without any issues that I could observe and it looked good. So it might be compatible with other lighting mods, which is always a bonus if it is.

• 1 year later...

I've released version 3.0, which I consider to be the final version, unless any problems are reported. This version has completely new textures and gradient, giving the spider webs a better shimmer effect and over all this is far superior over all the previous versions.

• +1 4

Just looking at the pics on the Nexus page, these webs look really impressive.  I'd like to see some people compare them.

EDIT: I love the fact that you said you made an ELFX Enhancer version available too, as I use ELFX Enhancer in my setup for darker interiors.

Edited by oqhansoloqo

The images really don't do the spider webs justice because you can't see the way they are effected by movement and light, in a still picture. The way they shimmer and glisten when you pass them by, gives them a more 3D and fuller experience, along with the variety of spider webs and cobwebs which really do change the atmosphere of places in the game, with them being noticeable now.

The ELFX Enhancer is for people who still use version 0.4 or below of ELFX, it's not required for ELFX version 2 because he has changed the colour of the ambient light which was the culprit for causing webs to be invisible or displayed as black. You can still use it with version 2, it won't corrupt the main mod, some people have posted that they prefer it but as I said, it's not necessary.

Edited by ramccoid

• 1 year later...

I included compares of the spider webs in Bleak Falls Barrow with vanilla, Vividian Weather and Lighting (I think this one is in testing), and Webs Extended. I also included a compare of the spider sac with vanilla, Animated Clutter (currently in STEP), and Webs Extended.

STEP/ Vividian / Webs Extended
y3mk5xnIYKUGdnVORlnw5O6YBFugsLjplZO65TUxy3mzkD6BEkaWkhqY0AD3xRzUqw-qfQSqo8nQ8ooBy3m5PHIxciLCYAwtla4qQAsU6bB7ycbTsgaq2XRA

STEP / Vividian / Webs Extended
y3msOJxyZAcgK3YFMG0g6ZokaOPjI9AkupqTG6gcy3m34rkJB-SWsJG4dIaATeD9j8tspsTAl0TNbS0Py3meQ-7YsO1liYWPowDAP5CBMCwDjJkMSkaTKqgP

STEP / Animated Clutter / Webs Extended
y3m2z1OKDN-a-Jj4uMViIFaOjBnRQlp9oysCeHmfy3mSScYYaWsWsLGDjsCe1p2thCPM5-IqnpMTUZxTy3m6dhXRGTT8Gd0T23vlDX_93LeBWmEDuRBdBX0X

STEP / Vividian / Webs Extended
y3mJ-P0nrz62SDVtCrsZ5n4Mcuo9Jygs4u41ksHXy3mKUcA6mvJTcQIdtAnyNcuOgdseVushA9WKDXjUy3mgUlYzasRolQ2C0DTLYTAlSQWVdaOWa0W7pB5v

EDIT: The screenshots do not do justice to the mod so you are strongly encouraged to check this in the game yourself.

Can this one be marked for testing? I don't see an option to do so and I wonder if it might be because this is in STEP Hosted Mod Topics.

I keep forgetting which mods are in the compilation, so this means "vanilla" in the screenshots above is actually Intricate Spider Webs.

I know what you mean. I have to check the conflicts in MO before I do any compares now to ensure I don't miss something.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for considering this for STEP, it very much appreciated and is considered a real accolade in the Skyrim modding community . Sorry for not being around the community much, for the past load of months but I've been dealing with personal problems in the real world which has taken up a lot of my thoughts and time but I'm nearly out the woods and I looking forward  to finish more of my uncompleted work for release in Skyrim (I'm considering waiting for the special edition version though, unless popular demand suggests otherwise :;): ) and FO4 and hopefully spent more time in the forum. Thanks very much.

• +1 2

Okay, so I've ran through Bleak Falls Barrow on my playthrough and popped in and out of the game comparing these to STEP. I love these textures. They create a far better atmosphere!

However, Greg's shots for the egg sacks are not entirely accurate (at least not for the 2K version I used). I don't like Webs Extended's egg sack texture as it's a stark contrast to the rest of the textures. Therefore, I would suggest hiding the meshes and *02*.dds texture/normal for these so that it uses what you see in Greg's shots above.

On that note, I vote these for Core to replace Intricate Spider Webs.