Bookshelves Updated SKSE Script (by mdr)

DoubleYou

Bookshelves Updated SKSE Script by mdr

This is an updated version of bookshelves script SKSE by McGruffin. It fixes issues with books falling on the shelf during placement and some other bugs. In comparison to vanilla, it helps prevent losing books (normally due to placing more books on the shelf than allowed) and allows you to place as many books on the shelf as will fit.

Th VERY first one was buggy as hell and had a million wild edits :O

But it allowed for bookshelves item placement, which was a nice feature. The later one by McGruffin never made it way to STEP, as it was never suggested.

This updated one, I was using since day 1 or so and I've never had any issues with it.

• 1 year later...

This bookshelf fix seems to round out the trifecta of book mods that have caught my eye recently.

This is a new(er) version of a fix that used to be in STEP, from the above comments. This updated fix may be worth testing and including in STEP if it works as advertised. Note that any issue with book bounds are fixed by Book Covers Skyrim (now even the issues with the Dragonborn books and Spell Tomes).

Edit: From the Nexus comments, I am unsure if there are issues with SKSE 1.7.3. Testing may be needed. I can't think of why it would work with older SKSE versions and not the newer, but I'll see if I can test it out in my playthrough.

Does anyone currently use this mod, and if so, do you have any issues with it? Or is it functioning as advertised?

Edited by Nebulous112

Good to know, Shadriss.

And thanks for the link, cccow. It looks like Unlimited Bookshelves has been fixed, and was updated recently, in October 2015. I'm still unsure which I should go with.

I'll throw a post at the Unlimited Bookshelves thread, and see if there are any bites on the line. Let the comparison begin! Lol

Edited by Nebulous112