ASIS Java Error

z929669

Question

Has anyone ever gotten the following error while launching the ASIS patcher? I can run other SkyProc patchers, but not ASIS. It has been a problem for awhile now, and Google has nothing that I can use.

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException:-103
EDIT: I should mention that I am launching from MO.

I can't tell much from just the exception name - only thing I could tell is something accessed some array out of bounds. Can I see the stack trace?

Sent from my Optimus G using Tapatalk

Can you instruct me on how to get to that? This is another enigma that Google did not help me to find :/

Can you post a screenshot of error? Also, AIOOBE is generally programmer's fault, not yours. ASIS looks like it wasn't touched for 1.5y, so a fix would need a fork...

EDIT: I am right now preparing custom asis that will dump stack trace, so we can at least figure the bad line.

Awesome ... nice work. I will gladly use to provide more info. Right now, I can only tell you that my error spits out only that small bit of info and that ASIS can't complete if run by itself or under SUM.

I am astounded that more people are not reporting this error if it is not related to my mods or something user specific.

/rant mode on, forgive me

Dear SkyProc authors,

WOULD IT HURT TO TAG YOUR GODDAMN RELEASES IN GODDAMN GIT?

Dear ASIS authors,

WOULD IT SEND YOU TO HELL IF YOU MADE SMALL README THAT SAYS WHAT SKYPROC VERSION YOU USE?

Go to hell.

I have an idea: could you share files you have in SkyProcDebug directories scattered through MO/mods, MO/override and Skyrim/Data directories? Maybe there is some clue.

Now reporting on front of recompiling ASIS: I can't match any SkyProc version -- pre or post v2 -- to ASIS. I always get errors.

I've sent PM to author asking for current sauce and what SkyProc ASIS is built against, he still adds friends on nexus so maybe he wasn't killed by a bus. And now I'm going to sleep.

Also, Could you try a older version?

OK, I have a debug archive at this link.

... and here is a smaller one from ASIS, which is what is failing (previous one works)

I will mess with another version of SkyProc tomorrow.

EDIT: I tried nearly every previous version of ASIS without luck. Many different errors. The only versions that partially run (but lock up) are 1.20 and 1.33

Not sure if it would make you happy, but since the offending module is AutomaticSpells, could you disable it and check whether ASIS works? I know it might deny point of ASIS, but...

I am astounded that more people are not reporting this error if it is not related to my mods or something user specific.

https://code.google.com/p/asis-skyproc/issues/detail?id=42

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/696547-asis/page-383

Also, could you 7z your esm/esp files so I can run ASIS with them through my debugging tools?