A Real Explorer's Guide to Skyrim

reindeer51 has just released a new version of his Windhelm expansion / overhaul mod, SNOW CITY, called SNOW CITY - The Great Expansion of Windhelm. which integrates Windhelm Exterior Altered by bjs_336.

Looks very interesting. Initial comments from him are that it's compatible with Better Docks, but not compatible with JK's Windhelm - though one user is saying there's just minor clipping.

He's spent over 500 hours on this, so I will be giving it a try sooner or later (I am not using all of the JK's overhauls, but I am using JK's Windhelm, so I'll see first-hand about any clipping, issues).

reindeer51 has just released a new version of his Windhelm expansion / overhaul mod, SNOW CITY, called SNOW CITY - The Great Expansion of Windhelm. which integrates Windhelm Exterior Altered by bjs_336.

Looks very interesting. Initial comments from him are that it's compatible with Better Docks, but not compatible with JK's Windhelm - though one user is saying there's just minor clipping.

He's spent over 500 hours on this, so I will be giving it a try sooner or later (I am not using all of the JK's overhauls, but I am using JK's Windhelm, so I'll see first-hand about any clipping, issues).

His Sky City - Markarth Rising is awesome.  Even if you can't explore all of the additions the feeling you get walking through Markarth, with the city now rising high into the sky above you, into the mountains, makes it one of the best cities in the game.  The fact that it also provides the external textures, complete with DynDOLOD friendly LODs, adds a whole new level of wonder and awe as you walk up the road to Markarth.  It's 100% compatible with either DOS or JK as well.

His Sky City - Markarth Rising is awesome. Even if you can't explore all of the additions the feeling you get walking through Markarth, with the city now rising high into the sky above you, into the mountains, makes it one of the best cities in the game. The fact that it also provides the external textures, complete with DynDOLOD friendly LODs, adds a whole new level of wonder and awe as you walk up the road to Markarth. It's 100% compatible with either DOS or JK as well.

It looks very nice, but FPS hit is too much for my rig.

My game seems to be fine, no crash or bugs in 12 hours.

But there is something missing. Follower Mods do not adjust followers to higher difficulties.

That means, playing on legendary, followers do massive damage and are overpowered.

Stupid thing anyway to give a player penalities instead of giving NPCs buffs.

This is how vanilla Skyrim works.

You could try adding a damage multiplier (<1.0) to the followers you want to use to reduce their damage output - I think there is a line in the NPC record for this. Then reduce their health to make them more vulnerable...

Still I would suggest you might try to find a way to balance the game on Adept so that you don't have these sort if inevitable distortion a creeping into your game.

This sounds very impressive - I didn't realize he was also the one who did Sky City for Markarth which seems very well done.

If it's only a matter of patching/deleting a few of JKs objects that would seem quite encouraging...

I'd also be quite interested to get your take on how stable this is....

I wonder if someone could please state what the REGS Patch - Riften NavFull.esp  does?  I am not using JK's but am using nernies and wonder if it is still needed. 

Nevermind.  I see that the Fomod text description box hasn't been updated to match the option text.  Apparently only needed if running JK's and 3DNPC.  Thanks anyway, and thanks for the update.

Edited by obdown666

I installed it with SRLE, like you can read few pages before.

No crashes oder bugs so far, except when loading quicksaves multiple times while in combat (legendary!).

Alt+TAB also crashes often.

But I found a fix: OneTweak

No load crashes or alt+tab issues anymore ! I use the beta

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/40706/?

Should be mentioned in STEP / SRLE guide

Edited by Quando

Hi! I've only written here a couple of times (and always to ask stupidities, I'm afraid), and now, well... I'm kinda back to it. I can't keep away from Skyrim from long. So I'm in my upteenth playthrough and I have to play with most of the mods of this pack. I can't use all of them because my laptop is about to die, sadly (I don't think it'll survive the summer, I'm saving for a better one).

The thing is:

I like Skyrim to look populated, as in, with more little villages and such. I love to explore. I think I love more exploring every little corner than questing, actually, so I'm always searching for things to add to Skyrim to go all 'awww' when I find it. Things like:

- the Oblivion Gates (I have it)

- the Ysmir https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/20708/? I had it a couple of playthroughs ago, but now I'm not sure if it'll be a good idea as I'm using Convenient Bridges

- the new Wayshrines mod Have you seen it? I'm waiting for a more stable version (or for my new laptop) to try it

- Little villages and such. I've been considering Legendary Cities - TES Arena but I want to wait for the npcs to have voices. I am also considering Nyhus https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/55551/? , Folkstead https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/58331/? , Haafstad https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/55552/? , Heartwood https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/58373/? , and so on... but I'm not sure which ones are the safest/best/more immersive. As I said, I already have almost everything from the pack. In my latest playthrough I explored Granite Halls by 13Oranges (creeped me out, it was awesome), Amber Guard and Lainter Dale.

- Hroldan Nightgate and Sawmills village - the problem with this one is with Cutting Room Floor, unless you use the modular files... and I'm in *checks* 233 active esps right now.

So... I guess my question is, could anyone recommend me little additions, little spots to find and explore? Sorry for being a nuisance, I'm just a girl that loves to explore :) Also thank you all for such a good work and your suggestions, both you and the STEP team, it has helped me to enjoy Skyrim all my laptop allows me

I installed it with SRLE, like you can read few pages before.

No crashes oder bugs so far, except when loading quicksaves multiple times while in combat (legendary!).

Alt+TAB also crashes often.

But I found a fix: OneTweak

No load crashes or alt+tab issues anymore ! I use the beta

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/40706/?

Should be mentioned in STEP / SRLE guide

There is already a thread about OneTweak in the forums.

Since a majority of people here use jk skyrim I have you to ask, what frame rate do you get? I just picked up a 970 (no I don't care about the vram) and it doesn't matter the number of mods I use I hang in the low twenties.

I noticed people can double it with lesser cards but with better processors.

Even etac flakreath I get stuck with 20-30 frames