A Real Explorer's Guide to Skyrim

The Perma pack as it sits at the moment is about all you need to get Perma happening. The thing with Perma is it needs a bit of playing with to get working in terms of the dynamic patcher, etc. DirtyWeasel does a very good Perma/PaMa installation video on YooChoob.

If you do choose Perma, make sure you also grab the fix for lockpicking and alchemy on the PaMa page.

Would a simple cleaning with TESVEdit do it, or is there a patch/collection of patches? Or would it be a more complicated solution? I've got very limited experience with all this (mostly what I've learned through the Step guide, that's about it). Thanks!

SPERG has som incompabilities with weapon and armour fixes and the unofficial patches are outdated (if nothing has changed). You can still use it though, the conflicts are minor. There is also TTRSO, which I highly recommend. And as mentioned Perma. If you decide to use SPERG or TTRSO you can use patches from my pack that patches those mods against STEP (with the exception of SPERG and weapons and armour fixes). No patches against REGS is needed.

Anyone know why Dawn of Riften was kept instead of being replaced by JK's Riften? (Unlike the other walled towns which all switched to JK's)?  Was it just because the Riften one was done too late for the last revision of the guide?

On a broader point - why were JK's chosen over the Dawn of series?

I know that The Cyrodiil Frontier - Fight Against the Thalmor II  is no longer in REGS.

For someone who still interested in FATT II. This may be a fix for the CTD

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/63787/?

Good find, I'll have to give it a try.  I never got around to trying the FATT mods and have been regretting not holding onto the REGS patches when they were dropped from the pack.  Hopefully he'll do all four.

Anyone know why Dawn of Riften was kept instead of being replaced by JK's Riften? (Unlike the other walled towns which all switched to JK's)?  Was it just because the Riften one was done too late for the last revision of the guide?

On a broader point - why were JK's chosen over the Dawn of series?

I'm also interested in this. Going by youtube clips, JK's looks slightly better overall and has cranes and no rats.

Although Dawn of does add slightly more content in 2 merchants and  "Brand-Shei sells Morrowind goods (and his stall shows it)".

As of the last update, June 2014 ( the youtube clips are all older), Removes ladders and roof trap doors due to popular demand (which the you tube clips show).

Can any of the pack authors tell us if Dawn of Riften was selected because of JK incompatibilities with other mods, etc. Maybe a resource issue or just purely visual choice?

Any advice most welcome...............

Good find, I'll have to give it a try.  I never got around to trying the FATT mods and have been regretting not holding onto the REGS patches when they were dropped from the pack.  Hopefully he'll do all four.

I still have the old REGS patch. CJ, Can I upload it?

@Dawn of Riften vs JK's Riften:

The choice was purely a personal preference thing. I'm actually planning to switching the guide to use JK's Skyrim instead of individual mods, but I need to fix my PC before that in order to make  a new patch for the navmesh in Riften.

I still have the old REGS patch. CJ, Can I upload it?

Sure, go ahead. I'd upload it myself but I don't know which version cstarkey42 is referring to :P

Thanks CJ.  Darkside already sent me the old replacement esps and the helgen patch.  I didn't realize there were different versions, however, so now I'm even more confused.  I'm going through them and trying to update the fixes Keith mentions and am pulling my hair out ( not so much from the patching but from the fact my 22 month old kid is wanting lots of attention today.  It's not so bad when he sits on my lap but he insists on sitting on my right knee, pushing my mouse arm all over the place... ).  I'm not sure which version I have, as far as I know it's the last one posted here ( unless you mean FATT I, II, III or IV.  In which case, I'm hoping to add all four to this playthrough and do some serious Thalmor hunting ).

Which fixes posted by Keith need to be added or are these good to go?  I see he gave some instructions for updating FATT IV which isn't an esp supplied by REGS so maybe that's the only one?

Whats wrong with the riften nav mesh?

what are the troubling mods

- JK's Riften changes the layout of the city.

- Cutting Room Floor reactivates the south gate of Riften.

- Interesting NPCs adds a new entrance in the lower levels of the city.

And all these mods affect the same navmeshes.