A Real Explorer's Guide to Skyrim

Hi, I followed an older version of REGS guide where I have a "REGS - Cities.esp". How do I go about updating to the new version of the guide using JK's city overhauls? Can I safely uninstall REGS - Cities and install JK's cities mods? Or will that be risky?

Also, can you provide the original details on what "REGS - Cities" includes so I can make sure removing it won't cause compatibility issues with my other mods?

Thanks.

You can safely uninstall the REGS - Cities from the older version.

REGS - Cities used to include a modified version of Nernie's cities, Skyrim sewers, Windhelm Lighthouse, and some small changes to the solitude docks area.

You can safely uninstall the REGS - Cities from the older version.

REGS - Cities used to include a modified version of Nernie's cities, Skyrim sewers, Windhelm Lighthouse, and some small changes to the solitude docks area.

Okay thanks.

One more question, when I uninstall, should I 1. uninstall > make a new save > then install the new mods?

Or 2. just disable REGS - Cities and enable the new mods at the same time?

I've read about different opinions on this ... some say there's no such thing as clean save and you can just install an updated mod over the old version while others say you should do the 1st way.

Just want to make sure so I won't break my save. =\

Edited by yic17

Okay thanks.

One more question, when I 1. uninstall, should I uninstall > make a new save > then install the new mods?

Or 2. just disable REGS - Cities and enable the new mods at the same time?

I've read about different opinions on this ... some say there's no such thing as clean save and you can just install an updated mod over the old version while others say you should do the 1st way.

Just want to make sure so I won't break my save. =\

You can go with option 2, just make sure you saved away from the places that REGS - Cities affects.

i installed the new compat patch for Dawn of Riften and JK's Riften. looks great, but i get navmesh problems over at the exit to the docks, by the smelter. npcs just stand about 4 feet from the door. they either can't get to the door, or they enter from the docks and can't get but a few feet inside. this didn't happen w/ the REGS Riften 3dnpc NavFull esp alone. i put the jkdawn patch above or below regs fullnav, but doesn't matter

any ideas? thanks

I had that Dremora in the lake at Morthal as well. It just stands there looking at me without really doing anything. It seems to be mostly benign and it went away at some point after I cleared the Oblivion gate. I seem to recall there was some strange issue with the water at that spot as well... as if the water switched meshes or textures as I walked.

What do people think of Joopvandie's four Skyrim border mods. They add villages, towns a few quests and dungeons to border areas in Morrowind, Cyradel, Hammerfell and Highrock. I assume they might be invompatible with border fates in REGS, but maybe not fatally so... They seem sort of appealing to add new and culturally different places to the game. Anyone used these? Have opinions about their quality?

What do people think of Joopvandie's four Skyrim border mods. They add villages, towns a few quests and dungeons to border areas in Morrowind, Cyradel, Hammerfell and Highrock. I assume they might be invompatible with border fates in REGS, but maybe not fatally so... They seem sort of appealing to add new and culturally different places to the game. Anyone used these? Have opinions about their quality?

They look interesting - new locations, NPCs, and even some quests. Definitely worth checking out to see how much they overlap Unique Border Gates. Thanks for mentioning his mods.

• +1 1