Sign in to follow this  
Erdrix

Need Help

Question

I was following STEPS got to the end and was using BOSS when I noticed a few conflicts with mods that I installed that need Dragon Born, which I am missing (I have Dawn Guard and the housing building one, I've completely gone blank on the name as I type this). One of them was Realistic Water Two, so I figured I would just uninstall it and reinstall it without the Legendary option ticked. 

I looked in the left pane and found the mod and right clicked it and selected "Remove Mod".  I went back to the Downloads tab and tried to reinstall it.  The FOMOD came up and I went through the motions and when I finished it came up with a window that says mod exists and game me the option to "Merge", "Replace" or "Rename".  If I select "Replace" I get a window that says "Folder Access Denied" and it says I need administrator's permission to make changes to that folder.  

I tried to go into the Mod Organizer directory and went into the Mods folder and found the "Realistic Water Two" folder and tried to open it or delete it and I am given the same access denied warning.  None of the other folders give me that warning.  I am at a loss of what to do.  

4 answers to this question

Are you running MO from program files (x86)/ ? If so move the whole thing to c:/games or another folder of your liking that doesn't want admin privileges.

/ edit

Whops. Missed OP was fixed. Food for thought still.