CTD with ENB enabled and cant properly download from nexus

FallenOne91

Question

Hey guys,

I hope you can help me. I recently reinstalled my OS Windows 8 and now nothing works like it should do. Yeah it did work before.

First:

Are the "Download with manager" links from the nexus broken? I tried downloading with Mod Organizer and always got a failure like "server couldn't find the data". Afterwards I tried it with NMM and even without both of them. There is always the exact same error: The data under nxm://Skyrim/mods/50445/files/1000093903 couldn't be found (for example). When I try to download manually, it always works.

Second:

After I copied the .dll and .exe from the enb files to my skyrim folder, it immediately crashes to the desktop when launching. I did it maybe a hundred of times now, exactly like described, but nothing has changed.

I read something about OSD processes, which can be the cause for that, but I tried after killing every suspicious process and also uninstalling some programs, but still no luck.

Athough there's no different programm installed as it was before my reinstallation of Windows 8. I didnt update to 8.1 either.

The only difference: Now I log in with an online outlook profile, not with a local offline one like before. There is this feature which shows a message in the top right corner of your screen, when you receive a message in facebook for example. Could this be the cause?

But even after I disconnected from every account and rebooted, Skyrim still crashes.

Does anybody know another possible reason for that?

Thank you in advance and have a nice evening.

3 answers to this question

The only thing I can think of is it could be something to do with windowed mode. When I first tried using enb I had crash on startup because of this. Make sure skyrim is set to run in full screen application mode, and if you want windowed mode turn it on via the enb inis. Can't hurt to try.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Hey guys,

I hope you can help me. I recently reinstalled my OS Windows 8 and now nothing works like it should do. Yeah it did work before.

First:

Are the "Download with manager" links from the nexus broken? I tried downloading with Mod Organizer and always got a failure like "server couldn't find the data". Afterwards I tried it with NMM and even without both of them. There is always the exact same error: The data under nxm://Skyrim/mods/50445/files/1000093903 couldn't be found (for example). When I try to download manually, it always works.

Second:

After I copied the .dll and .exe from the enb files to my skyrim folder, it immediately crashes to the desktop when launching. I did it maybe a hundred of times now, exactly like described, but nothing has changed.

I read something about OSD processes, which can be the cause for that, but I tried after killing every suspicious process and also uninstalling some programs, but still no luck.

Athough there's no different programm installed as it was before my reinstallation of Windows 8. I didnt update to 8.1 either.

The only difference: Now I log in with an online outlook profile, not with a local offline one like before. There is this feature which shows a message in the top right corner of your screen, when you receive a message in facebook for example. Could this be the cause?

But even after I disconnected from every account and rebooted, Skyrim still crashes.

Does anybody know another possible reason for that?

Thank you in advance and have a nice evening.

First:

https://forum.step-project.com/showthread.php?tid=4881

Second:

Did you forget to include the enblocal.ini? Perhaps DirectX runtime needs to be run.

First:

https://forum.step-project.com/showthread.php?tid=4881

Second:

Did you forget to include the enblocal.ini? Perhaps DirectX runtime needs to be run.

Thank you very much! Now both works fine. I must have been blind to not see the first link...

Now there is another problem. I installed RealVision ENB like in the description and it looks like below.

The grey overlay vanishes in interiors.

Posted Image

Edit: I think this line in the SkyrimPrefs: bFloatPointRenderTarget=1 fixed it. Didn't save it correctly :-/