REQUEST: S.T.E.P 2.2.8 and MO -- USKP and correct ordering of esp's

wolverine2710

Question

Finally returned to Skyrim after more then a year and installed the complete S.T.E.P 2.2.8 guide. I have all DLC's installed (requirement for STEP 2.2.8). Overwrite directory purged but now the red rectangle shows 'there are potential problems with your setup'.

Afaik the new 2.x Unofficial Patches series like Unofficial Skyrim Patch which uses false esm's made it possible that some scripts did not work any longer and the esp order for mods had to change. Tannin has tried to automatically correct this, but this is not always possible. Instead he now shows a list of files which have to be reordered. I'm not sure if that list is 100% correct or not. I TOTALLY lack the knowledge to determine that.

As MO is now the preferred mod manager for STEP it would be great if the guide would contain instructions about what the correct order of the esp's is and the MO user has no red warning rectangle. This can be accomplished with I think BUM (Boss User Manager) of BOSS user rules. I haven't found info about this in the STEP guide. 

Question: Can somebody help me (and by doing that help the STEP users) with the correct order and or show me where to get the info needed to determine this myself. I have in the two spoiler tags beneath included the mods which are in the STEP guide and the ones I have installed myself.

[spoiler=STEP 2.2.8 mods]

The conflict resolution order for some mods with scripts differs from the corresponding esp. This can lead to subtle, hard to locate bugs. You should re-order the affected mods. The following changes should fix the issue:

Move Brawl Bugs Patch - Compatibility Edition MO after Unofficial Dragonborn Patch

Move Ars Metallica - Smithing after Brawl Bugs Patch - Compatibility Edition MO

Move When Vampires Attack after Ars Metallica - Smithing

Move Even Better Quest Objectives after When Vampires Attack

Move The Choice is Yours after Enhanced Blood Textures

Move The Choice is Yours - Dawnguard after The Choice is Yours

Move Thieves Guild Requirements after The Choice is Yours - Dawnguard

Move Follower Trap Safety -- Brawl Bug Plugin after Thieves Guild Requirements

Move Non-Essential Children -- Hearthfire edition after Follower Trap Safety -- Brawl Bug Plugin

[spoiler=miscellaneous mods]

The conflict resolution order for some mods with scripts differs from the corresponding esp. This can lead to subtle, hard to locate bugs. You should re-order the affected mods. The following changes should fix the issue:

Move Civil War Overhaul after Even Better Quest Objectives

Move Enhanced Blood Textures after Civil War Overhaul

• Answers 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

This thread was an interesting read for sure.

As a noob who just (like hours ago) completed an install of 2.2.8, I thought I would add my experiences.

I started with a completely clean slate - clean skyrim, MO, everything.

All mods were installed in the exact step order.

At most benchmarks, I would run Boss from MO. A few times after doing so I would get the red triangle. Now, to show how little I know, I don't completely understand the difference between load order when it comes to right pane in MO (esps and such) and left pane. I am under the impression that Boss only sorts esps and esms, as I have never noticed it messing around with left pane orders (but I could be wrong).

And I have noticed that red-triangle warnings in MO seemed to be only related to left pane stuff. Because the mods it was mentioning were in the correct order in right pane, but sho enough were wrong on left.

Boss = right pane

Red Triangles = left pane

Am I even close to being correct here?

Anyway, sometimes the red triangle would have 5 or 6 moves required. I would address the first one, and sometimes that resolved many of them. I did not make note of the specific ones - sorry if that would have been useful info.

But i sit here now, with only Step Core mods installed in a clean install, and now I need to go back to searching forum about dummy esps (which is what brought me to this thread), and gain some confidence that I can truly deactivate a few esps (got the wisk broom icon on them) even though their are NOT corresponding bsa's in the archive tab (I unpacked everything that gave me the choice).

Sounds like you got the idea. Usually start at the top and you'll find the actual problem. The warning was originally built to solve the issue automatically, but it didn't work very well, so just turned it into a warning. That's the main reason for a bunch of the false detections.